The Vance County Regional Farmers Market will be opening on Saturday, April 27 for the season, according to market manager Tracy Madigan.
Following a decision made by the Vance County Board of Commissioners at their Monday night meeting, there will be a greater presence of food trucks at the market this year.
Vance County Manager Jordan McMillen told WIZS News, “The popularity of food trucks is undeniable. They are beginning to gain notoriety in this area as they’ve already done in the triangle, and ultimately they can serve as a good way of drawing people to the market who may have never visited.”
“Specifically, at the farmers market, they have experimented with a food truck already and it has added an exciting and different dimension to the market. As individuals become familiar with the local food trucks this should improve the overall attendance at the market and introduce new patrons to the market. We see food trucks as a compliment to the market and believe it may also open up opportunities to push products from the farm to the table, complimenting the existing vendors as well.”
Food trucks, in general, have been in the news in our area in recent months, specifically when Gavin’s Grub Hub, owned and operated by Gavin Jackson, was looking for a semi-permanent location and wound up receiving a six-month approval from the City of Henderson to operate. We’ve also seen Backyard BBQ, which typically locates in the old Armory parking lot on Dabney Drive.
These additional approvals may indicate that our local leaders are getting more comfortable with food trucks and keeping in tune with what consumers have been enjoying for at least a decade or more in other larger urban areas.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - March 21, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - March 21, 2019
- More Food Trucks on the Way for Farmers Market - March 13, 2019
- Town Talk 03/06/19 - March 6, 2019
- Town Talk 03/05/19 - March 6, 2019
- Ms. Ellis Found OK - March 2, 2019
- Silver Alert Issued for Margaret Ellis - March 1, 2019
- Urgent: Missing Person – Margaret Ellis - March 1, 2019
- H-V Chamber Experiencing Challenging Time, Staff ‘Keeping the Ship Right’ - February 25, 2019
- Brick Power Team Supports ‘Rae Rae’ Owen, Local Child Battling Leukemia - February 18, 2019