At the corner of Williams and Montgomery Streets in Henderson, NC used to stand the Vance Hotel. The big beauty burned to the ground in the early 1980s. Now the City of Henderson plans to revitalize the area with a park.
When asked if the City was moving forward with the item that appeared on the agenda of Monday night’s Henderson City Council meeting, City Manager Frank Frazier told WIZS News, ”Yes – seeking a grant to help pay for this, so the project would be contingent on receiving it. This is the old Vance Hotel site. City originally bought this for the police station.”
If received, the grant could total some $500k for the project.
If you’d like to see a picture of the old hotel, which most people younger than 40 never saw while it was still standing, check it out at facebook.com/wizsradio.
Connect With The Author
- United Way’s 2019 Grant Application Process Now Open - March 22, 2019
- Register Now for 14th Annual Relay for Life KLCC Golf Tournament - March 22, 2019
- VGCC to Offer Open House at All Four Campuses - March 22, 2019
- Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Day – April 27 - March 22, 2019
- H-V Recreation & Parks to Hold Upcoming Egg Hunt at Two Locations - March 22, 2019
- DNA Analysis Subject of Upcoming Thornton Library Program - March 22, 2019
- Henderson-Vance Chamber Looking for Small Business of the Year Nominees - March 21, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Approves Calendars for 2019-2020 School Year - March 21, 2019
- Deadline to Register for Junior Firefighter Program Extended - March 21, 2019
- Oxford Preparatory School Announces 3rd Quarter Honor Roll for 6th Grade - March 21, 2019