At the corner of Williams and Montgomery Streets in Henderson, NC used to stand the Vance Hotel. The big beauty burned to the ground in the early 1980s. Now the City of Henderson plans to revitalize the area with a park.
When asked if the City was moving forward with the item that appeared on the agenda of Monday night’s Henderson City Council meeting, City Manager Frank Frazier told WIZS News, ”Yes – seeking a grant to help pay for this, so the project would be contingent on receiving it. This is the old Vance Hotel site. City originally bought this for the police station.”
If received, the grant could total some $500k for the project.
If you’d like to see a picture of the old hotel, which most people younger than 40 never saw while it was still standing, check it out at facebook.com/wizsradio.
Connect With The Author
- VGCC President, Student Leader Celebrate College’s 50th Graduating Class - May 24, 2019
- Vance Co. Early College High School Graduates 33 Seniors - May 24, 2019
- Creedmoor Man Sentenced to 27 Years on Child Pornography Charges - May 24, 2019
- Opening/Dedication of VCRFM’s Memorial Garden Scheduled for June 12 - May 24, 2019
- Michael East Confirmed as US Marshal for NC’s Eastern District - May 24, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center Offering High Energy Aerobics Class - May 24, 2019
- New Covenant Christian Center Looking for a Music Minister, Keyboard Player - May 24, 2019
- Warren Co. to Hold ‘Listening Session’ on Mental Health, Substance Misuse - May 24, 2019
- Dabney Drive Drug Arrest Made on Youngsville Man - May 23, 2019
- Durham Woman Sentenced for Heroin Distribution in Henderson - May 23, 2019