100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release and photos, Maria Parham Health
Duke Life Flight will open a station at Maria Parham Health in Henderson, NC. The new on-site station will provide residents in Vance County and surrounding areas with direct access to trauma personnel, enhanced response in trauma situations, and improved transfer times for critical patients to a higher level of care.
Maria Parham Health’s emergency room is staffed 24/7 with emergency physicians, nurses, and staff who specialize in responding to the emergency care needs of our community. This new Life Flight station will enhance the team’s ability to respond to emergency calls and provide critical transfers. The station will include two ground units and one helicopter which will be on-site on January 20, 2020. Crew quarters will also be located at the hospital, and crews will be readily available to respond 24/7.
“We are excited about our enhanced partnership with Duke Health and the increased emergency response this provides our patients in the surrounding areas. By opening a Life Flight station at our hospital, we are strengthening the level of access to care of our patients and making our communities healthier,” said Bert Beard, CEO of Maria Parham Health. “We hope that this new station will provide greater peace of mind for our patients that we are ready to rapidly respond with the best possible care.”
The station will provide direct access to trauma personnel in the event of an emergency. The opening of the station will also improve access to local emergency assistance. By providing critical transfers for patients in the surrounding areas, the station will free up local EMS to respond to more regular calls and have a positive direct impact on the care in our community.
Connect With The Author
- Duke Energy’s Work Continues During Stay-at-Home Ordinance - April 3, 2020
- Franklin County to Impose Curfew Effective Sun., April 5 - April 3, 2020
- Franklin Co. Schools Home-Based Assignments, Wi-Fi Access Available April 6 - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Offering Free At-Home Egg Hunt to 25 Families - April 3, 2020
- First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Warren County - April 3, 2020
- VGCC Small Business Center Offering Eight-Part ‘Doing Business Remotely’ Series - April 3, 2020
- Granville Board of Education’s April 6 Meeting to be Conducted Electronically - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Announces Closure of All Playgrounds, Outdoor Basketball Courts - April 3, 2020
- Vance Board of Commissioners to Hold April Meeting With Limited Public Access - April 2, 2020
- No Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Warren Co. to Date - April 2, 2020