100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release and photos, Maria Parham Health
Duke Life Flight will open a station at Maria Parham Health in Henderson, NC. The new on-site station will provide residents in Vance County and surrounding areas with direct access to trauma personnel, enhanced response in trauma situations, and improved transfer times for critical patients to a higher level of care.
Maria Parham Health’s emergency room is staffed 24/7 with emergency physicians, nurses, and staff who specialize in responding to the emergency care needs of our community. This new Life Flight station will enhance the team’s ability to respond to emergency calls and provide critical transfers. The station will include two ground units and one helicopter which will be on-site on January 20, 2020. Crew quarters will also be located at the hospital, and crews will be readily available to respond 24/7.
“We are excited about our enhanced partnership with Duke Health and the increased emergency response this provides our patients in the surrounding areas. By opening a Life Flight station at our hospital, we are strengthening the level of access to care of our patients and making our communities healthier,” said Bert Beard, CEO of Maria Parham Health. “We hope that this new station will provide greater peace of mind for our patients that we are ready to rapidly respond with the best possible care.”
The station will provide direct access to trauma personnel in the event of an emergency. The opening of the station will also improve access to local emergency assistance. By providing critical transfers for patients in the surrounding areas, the station will free up local EMS to respond to more regular calls and have a positive direct impact on the care in our community.
Connect With The Author
- NC MedAssist to Hold Free Mobile Pharmacy Event in Henderson - February 17, 2020
- Henderson Man Sentenced to 26 Years for Heroin, Firearm Violations - February 17, 2020
- Reminder: Oxford City-Wide Neighborhood Watch to Meet Tues., Feb. 18 - February 17, 2020
- ‘One Noble Journey’ to Pay Tribute to Black History Month at McGregor Hall - February 17, 2020
- Wilton Elementary to Hold Annual Quarter Auction; Business Donations Requested - February 17, 2020
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020