Don’t miss the 17th Annual Show, Shine, Shag & Dine this Friday, October 19 and Saturday, October 20, 2018, in downtown Henderson. 1978 and older antique cars, classic cars, nostalgia drag cars, muscle cars, street rods, rat rods and trucks will cover a ten-block area of Garnett Street in Historic Downtown Henderson.
The Corbitt Preservation Association will also host their annual Corbitt Truck Show and Reunion on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. This year, the Corbitt group will set up on the corner of Garnett and Montgomery Streets.
Additionally, the Corbitt Museum will be open to visitors on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The museum is located at 180 Church Street, Henderson.
This world-class car show is one of the largest tourism draws and economic boosts to Vance County each year. Local hotels, gas stations, restaurants, stores and places of entertainment all benefit from the dollars spent over the weekend.
2018 Show, Shine, Shag & Dine Schedule:
Friday, October 19
11 a.m. – 4 p.m. ~ Cruise-in and BBQ cookout for event guests. Meal served 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. $12 per plate cover charge at the door. Location: Satterwhite Point Park, Kerr Lake, I-85 – Exit 217.
7 – 10 p.m. ~ Receptions at host hotels (for their guests) – Hampton Inn, Baymont Inn & Suites, Red Roof Inn Plus and Sleep Inn.
7 – 11 p.m. ~ Cruise around town on your own or visit Raleigh Road Outdoor Drive-In Theatre.
Saturday, October 20
7:30 – 11 a.m. ~ Car registration – open to all makes and models 1978 and older. Antique cars, classic cars, nostalgia drag cars, muscle cars, street rods, rat rods and trucks. Judged cars $25; other vehicles $20. Dash plaques to the first 400 cars.
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ~ Show and Shine, live entertainment, DJ Cliff Cox, food, vendors, judging and awards.
7:30 – 11 p.m. ~ Cruise around town on your own or visit Raleigh Road Outdoor Drive-In Theatre.
No personal golf carts, bicycles or pets allowed. Golf cart taxi rides will be provided for people needing assistance for health reasons. Children ride with adult supervision only.
For more information, please visit www.kerrlake-nc.com or call 1-866-438-4565.
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk 10/14/19: Local Airport’s Military Show Kicks Off Veterans Day Observances - October 14, 2019
- Town Talk 10/10/19: HFD’s Fire Prevention Day to Feature Smoke House, Free Food - October 10, 2019
- Town Talk 10/09/19: Ellington, Owens & Spriggs Comment on Election Results - October 9, 2019
- Town Talk 10/08/19: Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Reports 1,300+ Domestic Calls - October 8, 2019
- Town Talk 10/07/19: Granville’s Fall Season Full of Festivals, Farms, Shows & More - October 7, 2019
- Town Talk 10/03/19: Edwards Discusses Medicare/Affordable Care Open Enrollment - October 3, 2019
- Town Talk 10/01/19: Vance Co. DSS Announces Domestic Violence Awareness Events - October 1, 2019
- Town Talk 09/30/19: Code Enforcement, Public Safety on Incumbent Mayor’s Agenda - September 30, 2019
- HPD Chief Credits Agency Cooperation, Public’s Help With Drug Arrests - September 27, 2019
- Town Talk 09/25/19: Police, Jobs Key to City’s Future Says Mayoral Candidate Owens - September 25, 2019