Don’t miss the 17th Annual Show, Shine, Shag & Dine this Friday, October 19 and Saturday, October 20, 2018, in downtown Henderson. 1978 and older antique cars, classic cars, nostalgia drag cars, muscle cars, street rods, rat rods and trucks will cover a ten-block area of Garnett Street in Historic Downtown Henderson.
The Corbitt Preservation Association will also host their annual Corbitt Truck Show and Reunion on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. This year, the Corbitt group will set up on the corner of Garnett and Montgomery Streets.
Additionally, the Corbitt Museum will be open to visitors on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The museum is located at 180 Church Street, Henderson.
This world-class car show is one of the largest tourism draws and economic boosts to Vance County each year. Local hotels, gas stations, restaurants, stores and places of entertainment all benefit from the dollars spent over the weekend.
2018 Show, Shine, Shag & Dine Schedule:
Friday, October 19
11 a.m. – 4 p.m. ~ Cruise-in and BBQ cookout for event guests. Meal served 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. $12 per plate cover charge at the door. Location: Satterwhite Point Park, Kerr Lake, I-85 – Exit 217.
7 – 10 p.m. ~ Receptions at host hotels (for their guests) – Hampton Inn, Baymont Inn & Suites, Red Roof Inn Plus and Sleep Inn.
7 – 11 p.m. ~ Cruise around town on your own or visit Raleigh Road Outdoor Drive-In Theatre.
Saturday, October 20
7:30 – 11 a.m. ~ Car registration – open to all makes and models 1978 and older. Antique cars, classic cars, nostalgia drag cars, muscle cars, street rods, rat rods and trucks. Judged cars $25; other vehicles $20. Dash plaques to the first 400 cars.
7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. ~ Show and Shine, live entertainment, DJ Cliff Cox, food, vendors, judging and awards.
7:30 – 11 p.m. ~ Cruise around town on your own or visit Raleigh Road Outdoor Drive-In Theatre.
No personal golf carts, bicycles or pets allowed. Golf cart taxi rides will be provided for people needing assistance for health reasons. Children ride with adult supervision only.
For more information, please visit www.kerrlake-nc.com or call 1-866-438-4565.
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk 02/17/20: Jones’ Sunday Morning Motivation on WIZS Encourages, Uplifts - February 17, 2020
- Town Talk 02/13/20: Henderson Throws Hat in the Ring of HGTV’s ‘Home Town Takeover’ - February 13, 2020
- Town Talk 02/12/20: Lower ISO Ratings = Savings for Homeowners, Businesses - February 12, 2020
- Town Talk 02/11/20: Celebrate ‘New Orleans Style’ at BGC’s Mardi Gras Bash - February 11, 2020
- Town Talk 02/06/20: Linda Cobb, District 5 School Board Incumbent, On-Air - February 6, 2020
- Town Talk 02/04/20: Jobs, Removing Barriers Focus of Desmarais’ First Year - February 4, 2020
- District Court Judge Asks Voters to ‘Keep Katherine Burnette’ - January 31, 2020
- Attorney Brian Cloninger Challenges Burnette for District Court Judge - January 31, 2020
- Town Talk 01/30/20: First Aid & CPR Save Lives When Minutes Matter - January 30, 2020
- Mast Drug Holds Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony at New Dabney Dr. Location - January 29, 2020