100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information and photos courtesy Kenneth Stegall, Corbitt Preservation Association
Excerpt from the Corbitt Preservation Association August Newsletter:
About two weeks ago, Charles Powell received a call from a lady saying she had a Corbitt Automobile. Charles asked everyone at the end of the Corbitt Preservation meeting if anyone would want to go with him to check it out and, of course, Steve Rosemond and Curtis Paul said “yes” right away.
So Saturday morning, August 10, Charles Powell, Steve Rosemond, Curtis Paul, Jerry Capps and Bruce Essick met at the lady’s house in Greensboro, NC.
When they opened the old barn door, there sat a Corbitt Automobile Body all nice and dry with its interior intact. The car even has the original VIN plate on the dashboard. This 4-door touring car was most likely built in 1911-1912. This is an amazing find, and we had to have it no matter what.
The lady agreed to sell it to the Corbitt Preservation Association for $1,500. We took the $1,500 out of our general fund in order to take possession of this golden treasure of ours.
We are now going to ask for donations to help replenish our $1,500 back to our general fund account. This was something we just could not live without.
The car body will be on display at our Corbitt Truck Show & Reunion in downtown Henderson on Saturday, October 19, 2019, for everyone to see and enjoy. We don’t know as of this moment how it will be displayed after the show, all we know is we are PROUD owners of a Corbitt Automobile body!
This also proves the importance of our website; without it, the lady would have never known who to contact about a Corbitt Automobile.
There is only one thing left to find, and that is a Corbitt Buggy. We believe we will find one, one day!
The Corbitt Preservation Association is strong and we have lots of dedicated people who love our brand. We will keep digging and digging until we find the next treasure. You never know what will happen next!
Connect With The Author
- H-V Chamber President Calls on Community Leaders to Support ‘Hometown Debate’ - October 15, 2019
- One-Stop Early Voting for Granville Municipalities Begins Tomorrow - October 15, 2019
- Tri-City Seahawks to Hold Games, First Homecoming Event - October 15, 2019
- VGCC Announces 2019/2020 Psychology Club Officers, Members - October 15, 2019
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019