100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Paul McKenzie, Agricultural Extension Agent, NC Cooperative Extension
Join the Vance/Warren Extension Master Gardener volunteers on Saturday, March 28, 2020, for the annual Garden Symposium entitled “Petals, Pollinators & Passerines” at the Vance County Regional Farmers Market. The market is located at 210 Southpark Dr. in Henderson.
The theme this year is “conservation through gardening,” with lessons on how garden practices can help birds, bees and native plants.
Outstanding presenters include Dr. Elsa Youngsteadt, noted pollinator researcher at NCSU and author of The Bees of North Carolina; Dr. Annabel Renwick, native plants curator at Duke Gardens; and Christina Harvey with the Wake County chapter of Audubon North Carolina.
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., with the program starting at 9 a.m. sharp. Register by March 17 for the early bird price of only $30, which includes refreshments and lunch.
There will also be an optional afternoon workshop on Upcycling which will demonstrate how to make garden treasures out of items usually found in the trash or recycling bin. Pre-registration is strongly preferred.
All the details, including the registration form, are posted at http://go.ncsu.edu/vancegarden or call the Vance County Extension Center at 252-438-8188.
The Symposium is co-sponsored by the Vance County Extension Center and the Vance/Warren Master Gardener Volunteer Association (Gardeners of Kerr Lake).
Connect With The Author
- Duke Energy’s Work Continues During Stay-at-Home Ordinance - April 3, 2020
- Franklin County to Impose Curfew Effective Sun., April 5 - April 3, 2020
- Franklin Co. Schools Home-Based Assignments, Wi-Fi Access Available April 6 - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Offering Free At-Home Egg Hunt to 25 Families - April 3, 2020
- First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Warren County - April 3, 2020
- VGCC Small Business Center Offering Eight-Part ‘Doing Business Remotely’ Series - April 3, 2020
- Granville Board of Education’s April 6 Meeting to be Conducted Electronically - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Announces Closure of All Playgrounds, Outdoor Basketball Courts - April 3, 2020
- Vance Board of Commissioners to Hold April Meeting With Limited Public Access - April 2, 2020
- No Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Warren Co. to Date - April 2, 2020