-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Alejandro Castorela, a 2018 graduate of Southern Vance High School, was honored on June 18, by U.S. Rep. G.K. Butterfield for his third-place award in the U.S. Congressional Art Competition for District 1.
Castorela is shown at left in the photo with Butterfield during the recognition in the Congressman’s Durham office.
Castorela won the award for his sketch “The Creation of Art.” His third-place finish was a great achievement from among the hundreds of student art entries in the competition.
Castorela was joined at the recognition ceremony and reception by the other art award winners.
Butterfield represents North Carolina’s District 1, including Vance County, in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Connect With The Author
- Eastern N.C. Attorney’s Office Collects Over $13 Million in Civil/Criminal Actions - February 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Public Schools: ‘It’s Kindergarten Registration Time’ - February 18, 2019
- Annual Mardi Gras Bash to Benefit Boys & Girls Club – Feb. 23 - February 18, 2019
- Sheriff Curtis Brame to Serve as Keynote Speaker at Black History Program - February 18, 2019
- Harrington Charged With Triple Homicide in 2018 Harrell St. Murders - February 15, 2019
- Public Comment Opportunity for NCDOT Division 5 Projects - February 15, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center Announces Spring 2019 Swim Lesson Schedule - February 15, 2019
- Maloney Named New Branch Manager at Thornton Library - February 15, 2019
- Warren Co. High School to Hold ‘Around the World’ International Fair - February 15, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Recognizes Student Spotlight Recipients - February 14, 2019