100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce
The Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce has tapped Michele Burgess to be president of the organization, effective July 22, 2019.
Burgess, a resident of Vance County, brings a wealth of experience to the position. She previously served as executive director of the chamber from 1982-88 and 1995-99.
“The chamber is key to opening doors to business growth and development in our community,” Burgess said. “I’ve always had a passion for making improvements to Henderson and Vance County, and I want to make a difference.”
Burgess said she is excited to try new programs and “to build on a tradition of being an active and progressive chamber.”
Nancy Wykle, chairwoman of the board of directors and publisher of The Daily Dispatch, said Burgess is a unifier who will bring tremendous energy to the chamber. “Our board is excited about the ideas Michele brings and her level of engagement,” she said. “She knows this community and brings an infusion of positive energy, which will guide us in the right direction.”
Burgess said she is eager to work with the board to advance the chamber’s program of work, as well as to be engaged in the community. “We all need to support our community and be proud of it,” she said.
Wykle said Burgess’ knowledge of the community and her energy were key factors in her appointment. “Michele loves this community, has deep ties and has great ideas for how we can grow,” she said.
“There’s so much potential for how our chamber and community can move forward,” Burgess said.
Burgess succeeds Vanessa Jones, who has been serving as interim president.
Connect With The Author
- BoE Announces Henderson Candidates; Filing Extended for 3rd Ward - July 19, 2019
- Town of Kittrell, Middleburg Nov. Election Candidates Announced - July 19, 2019
- State Cabinet Secretary Visits VGCC - July 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Election Releases Candidate Names - July 19, 2019
- VCSO: Silver Alert Issued for Robert Lewis Rogers - July 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties, Water Committee to Meet July 22 - July 19, 2019
- Deported Alien, Previously Found in Granville Co., Charged With Illegal Reentry - July 19, 2019
- Granville Board of Education to Meet in Closed Session - July 19, 2019
- Vance County Schools Announces Leadership Changes - July 18, 2019
- High School Students Explore Medical Science at VGCC South Campus - July 18, 2019