100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce
The Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce has tapped Michele Burgess to be president of the organization, effective July 22, 2019.
Burgess, a resident of Vance County, brings a wealth of experience to the position. She previously served as executive director of the chamber from 1982-88 and 1995-99.
“The chamber is key to opening doors to business growth and development in our community,” Burgess said. “I’ve always had a passion for making improvements to Henderson and Vance County, and I want to make a difference.”
Burgess said she is excited to try new programs and “to build on a tradition of being an active and progressive chamber.”
Nancy Wykle, chairwoman of the board of directors and publisher of The Daily Dispatch, said Burgess is a unifier who will bring tremendous energy to the chamber. “Our board is excited about the ideas Michele brings and her level of engagement,” she said. “She knows this community and brings an infusion of positive energy, which will guide us in the right direction.”
Burgess said she is eager to work with the board to advance the chamber’s program of work, as well as to be engaged in the community. “We all need to support our community and be proud of it,” she said.
Wykle said Burgess’ knowledge of the community and her energy were key factors in her appointment. “Michele loves this community, has deep ties and has great ideas for how we can grow,” she said.
“There’s so much potential for how our chamber and community can move forward,” Burgess said.
Burgess succeeds Vanessa Jones, who has been serving as interim president.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019