For the second time in less than three weeks, a local Mexican restaurant has caught on fire. Habanero Grill Mexican Restaurant, located on Parham Road in Henderson, caught on fire about 2:49 a.m., according to Henderson Fire Chief Steve Cordell. According to Cordell, the fire is under investigation and there are no reported injuries.
Visible at the scene was a smashed window and extensive damage. The roofline appears intact but proper damage assessment won’t happen until later today.
Habanero Grill owner, Blanca Yuri and her family, told WIZS News the restaurant will reopen, and hopefully soon. Yuri said the restaurant’s Facebook page would be kept up-to-date.
Yuri told WIZS News that someone broke into the restaurant and stole money from the safe. She said she suspects the thieves also set the business on fire. They are looking for answers and they are looking for who did it.
A video that was taken at the scene was placed on WIZS’ Facebook page earlier today.
Yuri told WIZS News that this fire appears to be very similar to what happened at Mazatlan Mexican Restaurant on Ruin Creek Rd. on November 27. That fire is still under investigation, and no official cause has been released by the Henderson Fire Department or the State Bureau of Investigation.
A sad morning for the restaurant and its family, as well as Mexican food lovers in the area, as Habanero Grill is presently surrounded by police tape. It is located within the city limits.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - March 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - March 19, 2019
- More Food Trucks on the Way for Farmers Market - March 13, 2019
- Town Talk 03/06/19 - March 6, 2019
- Town Talk 03/05/19 - March 6, 2019
- Ms. Ellis Found OK - March 2, 2019
- Silver Alert Issued for Margaret Ellis - March 1, 2019
- Urgent: Missing Person – Margaret Ellis - March 1, 2019
- H-V Chamber Experiencing Challenging Time, Staff ‘Keeping the Ship Right’ - February 25, 2019
- Brick Power Team Supports ‘Rae Rae’ Owen, Local Child Battling Leukemia - February 18, 2019