-Press Release, Vance County Schools
AdVance Academy graduated a record number of seniors in the Class of 2018 during the school’s Commencement Exercises held during the evening of June 8, at McGregor Hall in Henderson.
A total of 95 graduates from AdVance Academy received their high school diplomas during the exercises.
McGregor Hall had an audience of over 700 people gathered in the facility’s auditorium to watch the event and cheer on their graduates.
Principal Stephanie Ayscue presided at the event.
The Northern Vance High School Junior ROTC Color Guard presented the colors and Kaitlyn Tant, a senior at Southern Vance High School, sang the “National Anthem.”
Melissa Elliott of Graduation Alliance led the portion of the exercises that involved all of the graduates presenting red roses to their parents.
Que Tucker, commissioner of the N.C. High School Athletic Association, was the featured speaker. She encouraged the graduates to follow their “ABCs,” which she said stand for attitude, believing in yourself and courage. Tucker urged all of the seniors to go out into the world and not let anything or anyone stand in their way of accomplishing their goals in life.
The presentation of diplomas to each of the graduates was led by Ayscue, Elliott, Superintendent Anthony D. Jackson. Vance County Board of Education Chairwoman Darlynn Oxendine, and Assistant Superintendents Trixie Brooks, Cindy Bennett and Jennifer Bennett.
The graduates will now go on to attend a community college, four-year college or university, join the military or go into the workforce.
Connect With The Author
- Cocaine, Heroin Among Drugs Seized at State St. Residence - January 16, 2019
- VCHS to Hold Information Session for Freshmen & Their Parents - January 16, 2019
- Motor Vehicle Break-In at Davis Chapel Baptist Church - January 16, 2019
- Granville Co. Library System to Forgive Library Fees, Fines - January 16, 2019
- Govt. Shutdown Prompts Vance Co. Schools to Reduce Lunch Menu Offerings - January 15, 2019
- Registration Underway for 9th Annual Warrenton Junior Firefighter Competition - January 15, 2019
- NCDHHS to Offer Free Residential Testing Kits in Honor of Radon Action Month - January 15, 2019
- The Platters to Perform at McGregor Hall – Jan. 26 - January 15, 2019
- Upcoming Winter/Spring Events at Aycock Rec. Center - January 15, 2019
- DWI Suspected in Wreck Involving Henderson Police Car, Two Other Vehicles - January 14, 2019