-Press Release, Vance County Schools
AdVance Academy graduated a record number of seniors in the Class of 2018 during the school’s Commencement Exercises held during the evening of June 8, at McGregor Hall in Henderson.
A total of 95 graduates from AdVance Academy received their high school diplomas during the exercises.
McGregor Hall had an audience of over 700 people gathered in the facility’s auditorium to watch the event and cheer on their graduates.
Principal Stephanie Ayscue presided at the event.
The Northern Vance High School Junior ROTC Color Guard presented the colors and Kaitlyn Tant, a senior at Southern Vance High School, sang the “National Anthem.”
Melissa Elliott of Graduation Alliance led the portion of the exercises that involved all of the graduates presenting red roses to their parents.
Que Tucker, commissioner of the N.C. High School Athletic Association, was the featured speaker. She encouraged the graduates to follow their “ABCs,” which she said stand for attitude, believing in yourself and courage. Tucker urged all of the seniors to go out into the world and not let anything or anyone stand in their way of accomplishing their goals in life.
The presentation of diplomas to each of the graduates was led by Ayscue, Elliott, Superintendent Anthony D. Jackson. Vance County Board of Education Chairwoman Darlynn Oxendine, and Assistant Superintendents Trixie Brooks, Cindy Bennett and Jennifer Bennett.
The graduates will now go on to attend a community college, four-year college or university, join the military or go into the workforce.
Connect With The Author
- Oxford’s ‘Music on Main’ Series Continues With BIG LOVE - August 21, 2018
- Maria Parham Health’s Volunteer Services to Host “Books Are Fun” Sale - August 21, 2018
- City of Oxford Seeking Local Photographs for Annual Greeting Card - August 21, 2018
- Upchurch Charged With Two Counts of Assault With a Deadly Weapon - August 21, 2018
- Vance Co. Water Topic of Tuesday’s Called Commissioners’ Meeting - August 20, 2018
- Granville Co. Public Schools Celebrate Arrival of New Teachers - August 20, 2018
- Aycock Rec. Center to Offer Saturday Swim Lessons This Fall - August 20, 2018
- Oxford Public Works Committee Meeting Rescheduled for Thurs., Aug. 23 - August 20, 2018
- Vance County High School Vipers Fall 41-22 To Franklinton - August 18, 2018
- Attacker in Vance Co. Stabbing Incident Quickly Apprehended - August 17, 2018