-Press Release, Vance County Schools
AdVance Academy graduated a record number of seniors in the Class of 2018 during the school’s Commencement Exercises held during the evening of June 8, at McGregor Hall in Henderson.
A total of 95 graduates from AdVance Academy received their high school diplomas during the exercises.
McGregor Hall had an audience of over 700 people gathered in the facility’s auditorium to watch the event and cheer on their graduates.
Principal Stephanie Ayscue presided at the event.
The Northern Vance High School Junior ROTC Color Guard presented the colors and Kaitlyn Tant, a senior at Southern Vance High School, sang the “National Anthem.”
Melissa Elliott of Graduation Alliance led the portion of the exercises that involved all of the graduates presenting red roses to their parents.
Que Tucker, commissioner of the N.C. High School Athletic Association, was the featured speaker. She encouraged the graduates to follow their “ABCs,” which she said stand for attitude, believing in yourself and courage. Tucker urged all of the seniors to go out into the world and not let anything or anyone stand in their way of accomplishing their goals in life.
The presentation of diplomas to each of the graduates was led by Ayscue, Elliott, Superintendent Anthony D. Jackson. Vance County Board of Education Chairwoman Darlynn Oxendine, and Assistant Superintendents Trixie Brooks, Cindy Bennett and Jennifer Bennett.
The graduates will now go on to attend a community college, four-year college or university, join the military or go into the workforce.
Connect With The Author
- Think You Know Vance Co. Pretty Well? Prove it With This Scavenger Hunt! - October 19, 2018
- Guild Gift Gallery Volunteers Create New VGCC Scholarship - October 19, 2018
- Granville County Survey to Help Determine Tourism Strategies - October 19, 2018
- Tickets on Sale Now for Reverse Raffle to Benefit ‘Shop With a Cop’ and H-V Chamber - October 19, 2018
- Become a Part of Historic Downtown Henderson With an Engraved Granite Paver - October 19, 2018
- In Aftermath of Michael, Dept. of Justice Warns Public to Be Aware of Fraud - October 19, 2018
- Annual Granville Co. Veterans Day Parade to be Held Sun., Nov. 4 - October 19, 2018
- Warrenton Rotary Club Holding Pancake Dinner Fundraiser at Mariam Boyd Elem. - October 19, 2018
- H-V Chamber & Dept. of Social Services to Host Work Force Job & Resource Fair - October 18, 2018
- ‘Operation Medicine Drop’ Tomorrow at Oxford Police Dept. - October 18, 2018