WIZS is celebrating year one of FM broadcasting at 100.1 FM.
From 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. at Ribeyes of Henderson, the Rick Strickland Band will perform live, featuring award-winning artists Rick Strickland and Lesa Hudson. There is no cost of admittance. Bring a lawn chair. Food and beverage specials will be available for purchase from the restaurant.
The only thing you will need to pay for is anything you eat or drink, and that payment is made directly to Ribeyes of Henderson. The restaurant is located at 2002 Graham Avenue, near Ruin Creek Road, in the same building that formerly housed The Silo.
Rose Farm and Rentals, Inc. is celebrating 30 years of ownership of WIZS as well. WIZS 1450 AM remains at the heart and soul of our daily operations, just as it has served the community continuously since May 1, 1955 with news, sports, music and special programming. The station has always been locally owned, controlled and operated, and most recently that has been by Rose Farm and Rentals, Inc. The original president of the corporation was John D. Rose III until the time of his death in October, 2007. Since then, Susan Rose has performed duties as president. John C. Rose is the present day general manager. Rose Farm and Rentals assumed ownership and operations from then-owner Stan Fox on June 1, 1989.
Connect With The Author
- Current Public Service Announcements - November 11, 2019
- Current Tradio Items - November 11, 2019
- National Weather Service Raleigh: Latest Briefing - October 31, 2019
- SHP Identifies Trooper Struck In Vance County Crash - October 23, 2019
- Trooper Injured During Traffic Stop 10-22-19 - October 23, 2019
- Annual Show, Shine Event Draws Estimated 25,000 Visitors to Henderson - October 22, 2019
- Silver Alert – Robert Duke Miles, Jr. - October 11, 2019
- Mayor Ellington Re-elected; Spriggs Unseats Daye on Council - October 8, 2019
- Local Noon News 10/07/19 - October 7, 2019
- Brian Short Named NCAPCO Director of the Year - September 18, 2019