WIZS is celebrating year one of FM broadcasting at 100.1 FM.
From 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. at Ribeyes of Henderson, the Rick Strickland Band will perform live, featuring award-winning artists Rick Strickland and Lesa Hudson. There is no cost of admittance. Bring a lawn chair. Food and beverage specials will be available for purchase from the restaurant.
The only thing you will need to pay for is anything you eat or drink, and that payment is made directly to Ribeyes of Henderson. The restaurant is located at 2002 Graham Avenue, near Ruin Creek Road, in the same building that formerly housed The Silo.
Rose Farm and Rentals, Inc. is celebrating 30 years of ownership of WIZS as well. WIZS 1450 AM remains at the heart and soul of our daily operations, just as it has served the community continuously since May 1, 1955 with news, sports, music and special programming. The station has always been locally owned, controlled and operated, and most recently that has been by Rose Farm and Rentals, Inc. The original president of the corporation was John D. Rose III until the time of his death in October, 2007. Since then, Susan Rose has performed duties as president. John C. Rose is the present day general manager. Rose Farm and Rentals assumed ownership and operations from then-owner Stan Fox on June 1, 1989.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - September 17, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - September 17, 2019
- Storm and Emergency Info and MUSIC - September 5, 2019
- Triangle North Industrial Park Selected for Site Visit - August 27, 2019
- WIZS Celebration; 3p-7p, Saturday; Ribeyes of Hend; Rick Strickland Band Live - August 14, 2019
- Town Talk 08/12/19 - August 12, 2019
- Governor Roy Cooper Shows Support for NC House Rep. Terry Garrison - August 6, 2019
- Governor’s Veto Affirms Henderson Remains KLRWS Managing Partner - August 2, 2019
- Town Talk 07/29/19 - July 29, 2019
- Search Process For New City Manager Begins - July 25, 2019