Remember to tune in to WIZS Radio at 100.1 FM / 1450 AM with a regular radio. You can Listen Live online by clicking here.
You may report weather delays and cancellations by email to [email protected] or by text at 432-0774. Delays and cancellations will be posted on the WIZS Facebook page – click here – and announced on the air for this event.
FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH:
…WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST TUESDAY…
* WHAT…Refreezing of melted snow and ice tonight will create very hazardous travel conditions through mid morning Tuesday.
* WHERE…Portions of central North Carolina.
* WHEN…Until 9 AM EST Tuesday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Dangerous travel conditions will linger through Tuesday morning. Road and sidewalk ice are likely to develop with clearing skies late tonight, in addition to the residual snow and ice on the ground and secondary roads.
* Temperatures will remain nearly steady in the 30s today, then fall into the 20s tonight.
A Winter Weather Advisory for Black Ice means that icy roads from snowmelt will cause travel difficulties. Expect slippery roads through Tuesday morning, so use caution while driving.
The latest road conditions for North Carolina can be found online at DriveNC.gov.
WIZS LOCAL ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MONDAY AFTERNOON AND TUESDAY MORNING (12/10 – 12/11)
- Vance-Granville Community College — All campuses closed Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2018, because of inclement weather.
- Vance County Schools — closed on Tuesday, December 11, for all students and school system staff members due to continued bad road conditions because of the heavy snowfall in our area. Revised high school exam schedule will be announced when everyone returns to school.
- Victory Christian School and Daycare – closed Tuesday, December 11th
- Crossroads Christian School – closed Tuesday, Dec 11
- Granville County School — school cancelled for all students and staff for Tuesday, December 11, 2018. The staff is consulting with our Board of Education on makeup days for students and staff and will communicate calendar updates very soon. Please know we are exploring all options. Updates to come soon.
- Franklin County Schools — closed Tuesday, December 11 for students and staff. All before and after school activities are canceled and all facilities are closed to the public.
- HENDERSON CITY COUNCIL MEETING FOR MONDAY NIGHT 12/10/18 CANCELLED, WILL BE MADE UP
- Franklin County Government Offices are expected to open Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at 11:30 a.m., however employees are encouraged to monitor the Employee Notification Line for any possible changes in schedule.
- The Vance County Clerk of Court Office — opening at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, and all Courts District and Small Claims are starting at 11:00 a.m.
- KARTS — closed Tuesday. Office Staff should follow inclement weather plan.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - June 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - June 20, 2019
- Juvenile Took Loaded Gun To Clarke Elementary Thursday - June 14, 2019
- Special Vance Co. Commissioners Meeting 6 p.m. Monday - June 14, 2019
- WOVEN: A Safe Community Starts With YOU - June 14, 2019
- Granville County Board of Commissioners Agenda 06-17-19 - June 14, 2019
- July 15th Forum About Autism Identification Changes - June 14, 2019
- Vance County FY 19-20 Budget CONSENSUS - June 13, 2019
- 31 Retire From Vance County Schools - June 13, 2019
- Candidate Interviews for Vacant Dist 1 Board of Ed Seat - June 13, 2019