Henderson Fire Department personnel responded to a fire at 520 Whitten Avenue at approximately 9:40 a.m. on Tuesday morning. Though firefighters were quickly able to control the blaze, the rental property, valued at $21,400, was declared a total loss.
According to Henderson Fire Chief Steve Cordell, the fire was caused by improper use of drop cords.
Deadra Fuller of Henderson was reported to have rented the property from owner Larry Richardson.
Both Fuller and daughter Erin Fowler were forced to escape the home through a bedroom window, said Cordell. Fowler sustained minor injuries to her leg and foot and received medical attention on the scene.
The 16 members of the Henderson Fire Department on the scene were assisted by three personnel from the Vance County Fire Department, two personnel from Vance County EMS and two personnel with the Vance County Air Truck.
Connect With The Author
- Eastern N.C. Attorney’s Office Collects Over $13 Million in Civil/Criminal Actions - February 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Public Schools: ‘It’s Kindergarten Registration Time’ - February 18, 2019
- Annual Mardi Gras Bash to Benefit Boys & Girls Club – Feb. 23 - February 18, 2019
- Sheriff Curtis Brame to Serve as Keynote Speaker at Black History Program - February 18, 2019
- Harrington Charged With Triple Homicide in 2018 Harrell St. Murders - February 15, 2019
- Public Comment Opportunity for NCDOT Division 5 Projects - February 15, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center Announces Spring 2019 Swim Lesson Schedule - February 15, 2019
- Maloney Named New Branch Manager at Thornton Library - February 15, 2019
- Warren Co. High School to Hold ‘Around the World’ International Fair - February 15, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Recognizes Student Spotlight Recipients - February 14, 2019