Henderson Fire Department personnel responded to a fire at 520 Whitten Avenue at approximately 9:40 a.m. on Tuesday morning. Though firefighters were quickly able to control the blaze, the rental property, valued at $21,400, was declared a total loss.
According to Henderson Fire Chief Steve Cordell, the fire was caused by improper use of drop cords.
Deadra Fuller of Henderson was reported to have rented the property from owner Larry Richardson.
Both Fuller and daughter Erin Fowler were forced to escape the home through a bedroom window, said Cordell. Fowler sustained minor injuries to her leg and foot and received medical attention on the scene.
The 16 members of the Henderson Fire Department on the scene were assisted by three personnel from the Vance County Fire Department, two personnel from Vance County EMS and two personnel with the Vance County Air Truck.
Connect With The Author
- Reminder: Vance Co. Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Event Next Sat.! - April 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market to Open Season With Spring Fling - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 134 Students to Fall Semester Dean’s List - April 19, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Celebrate 55 Years With ‘Business After Hours’ - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 79 Students to Fall Semester President’s List - April 18, 2019
- Reminder: Eichner to Perform at McGregor Hall Friday Evening - April 18, 2019
- Troxler Encourages Horse Owners to Vaccinate Against Mosquito-Borne Diseases - April 18, 2019
- Franklin Co. Sheriff Partners With ALE to Make Drug Arrests, Seizures - April 18, 2019
- Kerr Lake Set for T-H Marine FLW Bass Fishing League Tournament - April 17, 2019
- City of Henderson Announces Recent Untreated Wastewater Discharges - April 17, 2019