— courtesy of Warren County Center of NC Cooperative Extension
January 30, 2018 | 7:00 pm
Warren County Armory Civic Center
What Can Be: Regional Food Systems Video Story from Warren County, NC
The NC 10% Campaign and North Carolina Growing Together, two projects of the Center for Environmental Farming Systems are pleased to announce the premiere of “What Can Be: Regional Food Systems Video Story from Warren County, NC”
This video outlines the economic redevelopment project of Working Landscapes in Warrenton, North Carolina, telling the story of two rural leaders who moved home to Warren County to contribute to their local economy by building a small processing center. The video focuses on this project as an example of the larger regional context of food system development, and brings in experts from UNC’s School of Government to discuss the economic impacts of building regional food systems. The video highlights the participation of local government leaders to help shape the successful project.
We are excited to bring some of the program participants together to share their impressions of the video and the idea of a vibrant regional food system growing out of Warren County.
Please join us for the celebration including local cantaloupe cake and local sweet potato pie! RSVP required, contact North Carolina Cooperative Extension, Warren County Center, 252-257-3640 or email [email protected], no later than, January 19, 2018.
Connect With The Author
- VGCC Trustee L. Opie Frazier Jr. Awarded Order of the Long Leaf Pine - July 17, 2018
- Granville Co. Residents Encouraged to Register for ‘Code Red’ Notification Service - July 17, 2018
- Voting Informational to be Held at Perry Memorial Library, Sat., July 21 - July 17, 2018
- Lunch Break to Educate: Canva for Your Small Business - July 17, 2018
- Oxford’s Public Works Committee to Meet Thurs., July 19 - July 17, 2018
- Theft From Construction Site of Henderson Collegiate School - July 16, 2018
- Simmons to Hold ‘Coffee With A Candidate’ Meet and Greet - July 16, 2018
- Families Living Violence Free to Hold Quarter Auction at Vino Oasi - July 16, 2018
- U.S. Forfeits $700K+ in Proceeds Seized from Convenience Store Operators - July 16, 2018
- Granville Co. Crime Stoppers: Larceny in New Applewood Subdivision - July 16, 2018