— courtesy of Warren County Center of NC Cooperative Extension
January 30, 2018 | 7:00 pm
Warren County Armory Civic Center
What Can Be: Regional Food Systems Video Story from Warren County, NC
The NC 10% Campaign and North Carolina Growing Together, two projects of the Center for Environmental Farming Systems are pleased to announce the premiere of “What Can Be: Regional Food Systems Video Story from Warren County, NC”
This video outlines the economic redevelopment project of Working Landscapes in Warrenton, North Carolina, telling the story of two rural leaders who moved home to Warren County to contribute to their local economy by building a small processing center. The video focuses on this project as an example of the larger regional context of food system development, and brings in experts from UNC’s School of Government to discuss the economic impacts of building regional food systems. The video highlights the participation of local government leaders to help shape the successful project.
We are excited to bring some of the program participants together to share their impressions of the video and the idea of a vibrant regional food system growing out of Warren County.
Please join us for the celebration including local cantaloupe cake and local sweet potato pie! RSVP required, contact North Carolina Cooperative Extension, Warren County Center, 252-257-3640 or email [email protected], no later than, January 19, 2018.
Connect With The Author
- Mother’s Day Weekend Concert at McGregor Hall - April 26, 2018
- Oxford’s Second Annual Multicultural Festival – Saturday, May 12 - April 26, 2018
- BIG DAY in Warren County 4-28-18 - April 26, 2018
- It’s Warren County Map Time! - April 26, 2018
- Warren County Farmers Market Now Open! - April 25, 2018
- Northern Vance High School Honors Graduation Marshals - April 25, 2018
- Warren Co. Chamber of Commerce Office Moving - April 25, 2018
- Southern Vance High School Honors Graduation Marshals - April 25, 2018
- 4th Annual Hawg in the Holler Musical Festival – Sat. April 28 - April 25, 2018
- Boards & Commissions Committee to Meet Friday, April 27 - April 25, 2018