— courtesy of Warren County Center of NC Cooperative Extension
January 30, 2018 | 7:00 pm
Warren County Armory Civic Center
What Can Be: Regional Food Systems Video Story from Warren County, NC
The NC 10% Campaign and North Carolina Growing Together, two projects of the Center for Environmental Farming Systems are pleased to announce the premiere of “What Can Be: Regional Food Systems Video Story from Warren County, NC”
This video outlines the economic redevelopment project of Working Landscapes in Warrenton, North Carolina, telling the story of two rural leaders who moved home to Warren County to contribute to their local economy by building a small processing center. The video focuses on this project as an example of the larger regional context of food system development, and brings in experts from UNC’s School of Government to discuss the economic impacts of building regional food systems. The video highlights the participation of local government leaders to help shape the successful project.
We are excited to bring some of the program participants together to share their impressions of the video and the idea of a vibrant regional food system growing out of Warren County.
Please join us for the celebration including local cantaloupe cake and local sweet potato pie! RSVP required, contact North Carolina Cooperative Extension, Warren County Center, 252-257-3640 or email [email protected], no later than, January 19, 2018.
Connect With The Author
- Don’t Miss WIZS’ Town Talk on Monday: Q&A With Vance Co. Sheriff Candidates - October 12, 2018
- Maria Parham Franklin to Open Doors on October 15 - October 12, 2018
- Reminder: Vance Co. Sheriff Candidates’ Forum is This Sun., Oct. 14 - October 12, 2018
- ‘Look, Listen & Learn’ Fire Prevention Day Canceled - October 12, 2018
- Vance Co. Fire Commission to Discuss Restructuring – Wed., Oct. 17 - October 12, 2018
- Franklin Co. Reports Discharge of Untreated Wastewater From Two Pump Stations - October 12, 2018
- Granville Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Oct. 15 - October 12, 2018
- Loose Leaf Collection in Oxford Runs Mid-Oct. Through Mid-Jan. - October 12, 2018
- Duke Energy Update: 27K+ Without Power Locally, Restoration Could Take Days - October 12, 2018
- UPDATE: All Campuses of VGCC CLOSED Today - October 12, 2018