— courtesy of Warren County Center of NC Cooperative Extension
January 30, 2018 | 7:00 pm
Warren County Armory Civic Center
What Can Be: Regional Food Systems Video Story from Warren County, NC
The NC 10% Campaign and North Carolina Growing Together, two projects of the Center for Environmental Farming Systems are pleased to announce the premiere of “What Can Be: Regional Food Systems Video Story from Warren County, NC”
This video outlines the economic redevelopment project of Working Landscapes in Warrenton, North Carolina, telling the story of two rural leaders who moved home to Warren County to contribute to their local economy by building a small processing center. The video focuses on this project as an example of the larger regional context of food system development, and brings in experts from UNC’s School of Government to discuss the economic impacts of building regional food systems. The video highlights the participation of local government leaders to help shape the successful project.
We are excited to bring some of the program participants together to share their impressions of the video and the idea of a vibrant regional food system growing out of Warren County.
Please join us for the celebration including local cantaloupe cake and local sweet potato pie! RSVP required, contact North Carolina Cooperative Extension, Warren County Center, 252-257-3640 or email [email protected], no later than, January 19, 2018.
Connect With The Author
- Vance Co. Schools: ‘We Promise to Do What is Necessary’ to Provide Lunch/Breakfast - January 18, 2019
- Young St. in Henderson to Become One-Way; Court St. Traffic Flow to Reverse - January 18, 2019
- Applications Now Being Accepted for 2019 Specialty Crop Block Grant Program - January 18, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Announces Pre-Kindergarten Site Selection Process Now Open - January 18, 2019
- Local Youth Encouraged to Register for 5th Annual African-American Quiz Bowl - January 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Board to Hear Presentations, Make Appointments at Jan 22 Meeting - January 18, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Addresses Meal Changes During Govt. Shutdown - January 17, 2019
- Granville Co. Teacher of the Year Named WRAL’s Teacher of the Week - January 17, 2019
- Registration for H-V Rec. & Parks Youth Baseball & Softball Begins Feb. 2 - January 17, 2019
- Cocaine, Heroin Among Drugs Seized at State St. Residence - January 16, 2019