THIS STORY IS PRESENTED IN PART BY DRAKE DENTISTRY
-Press Release, Vance County Schools
Vance County Schools Superintendent Dr. Anthony D. Jackson was named the 2020 A. Craig Phillips North Carolina Superintendent of the Year on Tuesday, November 19, 2019, at the North Carolina School Board Association Conference.
The event was held at the Koury Convention Center in Greensboro and the honor is given by the North Carolina Association of School Administrators, the North Carolina School Superintendents’ Association and the North Carolina School Boards Association.
Dr. Jackson has served as Superintendent for Vance County since 2015. Since being in Vance County, he has played a significant role in obtaining the Golden Leaf Grant, which helped the district implement the WeInspire Digital Transformation Initiative. Additionally, he has helped develop instructional programs including Youth Empowerment and Advance Academy, while student achievement is improving and graduation rates are increasing.
The NCSBA conference was filled with many other accolades for Vance County Schools as well. The Board of Education earned Master 2 certification, the only board in the state to earn such a distinction. Additionally, Vance County Middle School placed 2nd in the state-wide middle school video contest, while Vance County High School took the first place spot in the high school competition for the second year in a row.
There were several staff members from the district who presented at the conference as well, including Dr. Anthony Jackson, Superintendent, Mrs. Michelle Burton, Director of Human Resources, and Mrs. Kedecia Stewart Faines, Vance County Schools teacher and former District Teacher of the Year.
Our district is, without question, Vance County Proud!
Connect With The Author
- VCRFM 2019 Season Ends This Weekend! - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Undercover Operation Ends in Two Drug Arrests - December 6, 2019
- Henderson City Council to Swear In Newly Elected Officials at Mon. Meeting - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Dec. 9 - December 6, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools to Host District-Wide Family Night Dec. 10 - December 6, 2019
- Lewis Bowling, Local Author & Historian, Hosts Book Signing Dec. 8 - December 6, 2019
- Reminder: Town of Louisburg to Host Annual Christmas Parade This Sun. - December 6, 2019
- VCSO: Beware of Gift Card Scam Using Sheriff Brame’s Name - December 5, 2019
- VGCC Receives $194K Grant From Duke Energy & Piedmont Natural Gas - December 5, 2019
- ‘Festival of Trees’ Wraps Up With Silent Auction on Sat. - December 5, 2019