Congratulations to Curtis Brame. He was elected as the next Vance County Sheriff earning just shy of 53 percent of the votes cast in a high voter turnout of just over 47 percent of eligible voters in Vance County.
The results broadcast and listed below are unofficial until canvassed by the Vance County Board of Elections. Final results show Curtis Brame with 7,517 votes, Charles Pulley with 3,810 votes and Allen Simmons with 2,905.
Each candidate was interviewed live on WIZS following the announcement that Brame had won. Those interviews will be reviewed and transcribed into a news story for publication later this week.
The race for Vance County Sheriff was the only contest that was decided completely within the borders of Vance County, that is where there was any opposition. The remainder of the local candidates, who’s contests were purely local, had no opposition in the general election, and those races were essentially decided in the May primary.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - April 17, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - April 15, 2019
- Update: No Serious Injuries Reported in Warren Co. Activity Bus Rollover - March 25, 2019
- More Food Trucks on the Way for Farmers Market - March 13, 2019
- Town Talk 03/06/19 - March 6, 2019
- Town Talk 03/05/19 - March 6, 2019
- Ms. Ellis Found OK - March 2, 2019
- Silver Alert Issued for Margaret Ellis - March 1, 2019
- Urgent: Missing Person – Margaret Ellis - March 1, 2019
- H-V Chamber Experiencing Challenging Time, Staff ‘Keeping the Ship Right’ - February 25, 2019