— courtesy Vance County Manager Jordan D. McMillen
Vance County is pleased to announce the hiring of Dennis Jarvis, II, as the Director of the Henderson-Vance Economic Development Commission. He will begin in this position on November 6th.
Jarvis has a total of 18 years experience in economic development, with the last 2½ years serving as the Director of Economic Development for the Town of Altavista, Virginia. Prior to that he has had Economic Development positions in higher education, non-profit organizations, consulting, and county entities in Virginia and West Virginia. Mr. Jarvis holds a bachelor’s degree in History from Bluefield State College and a master’s degree in political science from Marshall University. He is certified in Business Retention and Expansion International (BREI) and is eligible to obtain his Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) certification through the International Economic Development Council.
During his career he has been directly instrumental in the creation of over 800 new jobs with $62 million in new investment and $335,000 in grant funds. In addition, he has led marketing efforts, business retention initiatives, and has experience in obtaining public and private grants for community development.
Mr. Jarvis has a history of strong relationships with board members, staff, the business community, state and federal agencies, and the general public. He brings a passion for community and an energy for economic development and improving the quality of life for others. He will be a welcome addition to the county’s management team and the Vance County community.
Connect With The Author
- Current Public Service Announcements - June 14, 2018
- Current Tradio Items - June 14, 2018
- Current Help Wanted Items - June 12, 2018
- Summer Learning Can Be Simple and Engaging - June 5, 2018
- Economic Development Partnership of NC Manufacturers Event - June 5, 2018
- Vance County Budget 2018-2019 Unanimous Decision - June 5, 2018
- Warren County Commissioners’ Meeting (Tonight) 6-4-18 - June 4, 2018
- Relay for Life Auction Saturday, May 19 - May 18, 2018
- Jim Crawford Recognized as George R. Watkins Citizen of the Year - May 11, 2018
- SHPHC Youth Fundraiser TODAY! - May 4, 2018