Henderson Police Chief Marcus Barrow informed local media there is an update and an arrest has been made in a local homicide case that is three days old.
Barrow wrote in his news release, “Today (01-09-2019) officers of the Henderson Police Department arrested Sherman Mitchell, age 34, for the shooting death of Jonathan Durham that occurred in the morning hours of Sunday, January 6th, 2019.
“Sherman Mitchell, was taken into custody at his home of 160 Madison Grove Lane, Vance County, and is now being held at the Vance County Detention Facility for the Charge of Murder. He is without bond and has a first court appearance date set for February 5th.
“We are appreciative of the assistance we received from our community, the Vance County Sheriff, and the State Bureau of Investigations. If anyone has additional information about this incident, please contact the case agent, Detective B. Mitchell.”
An earlier press release from Barrow, back on January 6, indicated that Durham, age 47, sustained the gunshot wound during an encounter in front of his own residence at 611 Highland Avenue.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Charlotte’s Web’ to Delight School Children, Families Alike - March 25, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Announces Upcoming End-of-Year Activities - March 25, 2019
- West End Community Watch Hears From Animal Services at March Meeting - March 25, 2019
- Rec. Baseball & Softball Opening Ceremony/Picture Day to Honor Local Youth - March 25, 2019
- United Way’s 2019 Grant Application Process Now Open - March 22, 2019
- Register Now for 14th Annual Relay for Life KLCC Golf Tournament - March 22, 2019
- VGCC to Offer Open House at All Four Campuses - March 22, 2019
- Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Day – April 27 - March 22, 2019
- H-V Recreation & Parks to Hold Upcoming Egg Hunt at Two Locations - March 22, 2019
- DNA Analysis Subject of Upcoming Thornton Library Program - March 22, 2019