Henderson Police Chief Marcus Barrow informed local media there is an update and an arrest has been made in a local homicide case that is three days old.
Barrow wrote in his news release, “Today (01-09-2019) officers of the Henderson Police Department arrested Sherman Mitchell, age 34, for the shooting death of Jonathan Durham that occurred in the morning hours of Sunday, January 6th, 2019.
“Sherman Mitchell, was taken into custody at his home of 160 Madison Grove Lane, Vance County, and is now being held at the Vance County Detention Facility for the Charge of Murder. He is without bond and has a first court appearance date set for February 5th.
“We are appreciative of the assistance we received from our community, the Vance County Sheriff, and the State Bureau of Investigations. If anyone has additional information about this incident, please contact the case agent, Detective B. Mitchell.”
An earlier press release from Barrow, back on January 6, indicated that Durham, age 47, sustained the gunshot wound during an encounter in front of his own residence at 611 Highland Avenue.
Connect With The Author
- Cocaine, Heroin Among Drugs Seized at State St. Residence - January 16, 2019
- VCHS to Hold Information Session for Freshmen & Their Parents - January 16, 2019
- Motor Vehicle Break-In at Davis Chapel Baptist Church - January 16, 2019
- Granville Co. Library System to Forgive Library Fees, Fines - January 16, 2019
- Govt. Shutdown Prompts Vance Co. Schools to Reduce Lunch Menu Offerings - January 15, 2019
- Registration Underway for 9th Annual Warrenton Junior Firefighter Competition - January 15, 2019
- NCDHHS to Offer Free Residential Testing Kits in Honor of Radon Action Month - January 15, 2019
- The Platters to Perform at McGregor Hall – Jan. 26 - January 15, 2019
- Upcoming Winter/Spring Events at Aycock Rec. Center - January 15, 2019
- DWI Suspected in Wreck Involving Henderson Police Car, Two Other Vehicles - January 14, 2019