— courtesy United Way of Vance County
The United Way of Vance County Board of Directors has been working over the last several weeks to resolve our organization’s financial concerns and get our United Way in a position to once again support the needs of our agencies and our community. The board has taken steps to greatly reduce the operating costs of our United Way and we are moving our office to a new location at 715 South Garnett Street in Henderson.
After the beginning of the new year, we plan to have the new United Way of Vance County office fully operational. We also plan to begin new fundraising efforts, so that later in the year we can renew our grant payments to the United Way agencies in Vance and Warren counties.
We want to assure all of our contributors and our agencies that all funds donated to the United Way of Vance County during 2017 were distributed completely and appropriately. The United Way of Vance County is in good standing financially with all entities, including the United Way of North Carolina and United Way Worldwide. It was not until the beginning of our 2017-2018 campaign, which started July 1, that financial concerns arose. Due to the decline in donations and fulfillment of pledges, we were forced to suspend grant payments to our agencies in August.
The board is confident that the steps taken to streamline expenses and the strategies we have put into place to move forward with fundraising efforts will allow us to begin grant payments to our agencies soon. There are a couple of United Way fundraising campaigns with local businesses going on now and we are ready to assist their representatives in completing their campaigns and securing donations for those in need in our community.
Anyone with questions or concerns about the United Way of Vance County should contact Heather Hughes, board president, at 252-432-2133 or Terri Hedrick, board past president, at 252-438-8702.
Connect With The Author
- Leslie to Speak at Chamber’s Annual Banquet, Citizen of the Year Nominees Needed - November 13, 2018
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Register Now for Christmas Social - November 13, 2018
- Maria Parham Volunteer Services Announces “In the Bag” Handbag Sale - November 13, 2018
- Mark Your Holiday Calendar for Cookies & Milk With Santa - November 13, 2018
- Free Pencil Giveaway Continues at Rebuilding Hope, Inc. - November 13, 2018
- Heavy Rain Expected Early This Week, No Threat of Winter Weather - November 12, 2018
- Henderson Institute Historical Museum to Host ‘Great Gatsby Gala’ at KLCC - November 12, 2018
- Yoga, Slide N Glide & Youth Basketball Extended at Aycock Rec. Center - November 12, 2018
- Leah Hinton to Perform at ‘A Night of Jazz Benefit Concert’ - November 12, 2018
- Reminder: Granville Co. Board of Commissioners to Tour District 5 - November 12, 2018