— courtesy United Way of Vance County
The United Way of Vance County Board of Directors has been working over the last several weeks to resolve our organization’s financial concerns and get our United Way in a position to once again support the needs of our agencies and our community. The board has taken steps to greatly reduce the operating costs of our United Way and we are moving our office to a new location at 715 South Garnett Street in Henderson.
After the beginning of the new year, we plan to have the new United Way of Vance County office fully operational. We also plan to begin new fundraising efforts, so that later in the year we can renew our grant payments to the United Way agencies in Vance and Warren counties.
We want to assure all of our contributors and our agencies that all funds donated to the United Way of Vance County during 2017 were distributed completely and appropriately. The United Way of Vance County is in good standing financially with all entities, including the United Way of North Carolina and United Way Worldwide. It was not until the beginning of our 2017-2018 campaign, which started July 1, that financial concerns arose. Due to the decline in donations and fulfillment of pledges, we were forced to suspend grant payments to our agencies in August.
The board is confident that the steps taken to streamline expenses and the strategies we have put into place to move forward with fundraising efforts will allow us to begin grant payments to our agencies soon. There are a couple of United Way fundraising campaigns with local businesses going on now and we are ready to assist their representatives in completing their campaigns and securing donations for those in need in our community.
Anyone with questions or concerns about the United Way of Vance County should contact Heather Hughes, board president, at 252-432-2133 or Terri Hedrick, board past president, at 252-438-8702.
Connect With The Author
- Oxford’s ‘Music on Main’ Series Continues With BIG LOVE - August 21, 2018
- Maria Parham Health’s Volunteer Services to Host “Books Are Fun” Sale - August 21, 2018
- City of Oxford Seeking Local Photographs for Annual Greeting Card - August 21, 2018
- Upchurch Charged With Two Counts of Assault With a Deadly Weapon - August 21, 2018
- Vance Co. Water Topic of Tuesday’s Called Commissioners’ Meeting - August 20, 2018
- Granville Co. Public Schools Celebrate Arrival of New Teachers - August 20, 2018
- Aycock Rec. Center to Offer Saturday Swim Lessons This Fall - August 20, 2018
- Oxford Public Works Committee Meeting Rescheduled for Thurs., Aug. 23 - August 20, 2018
- Vance County High School Vipers Fall 41-22 To Franklinton - August 18, 2018
- Attacker in Vance Co. Stabbing Incident Quickly Apprehended - August 17, 2018