— courtesy United Way of Vance County
The United Way of Vance County Board of Directors has been working over the last several weeks to resolve our organization’s financial concerns and get our United Way in a position to once again support the needs of our agencies and our community. The board has taken steps to greatly reduce the operating costs of our United Way and we are moving our office to a new location at 715 South Garnett Street in Henderson.
After the beginning of the new year, we plan to have the new United Way of Vance County office fully operational. We also plan to begin new fundraising efforts, so that later in the year we can renew our grant payments to the United Way agencies in Vance and Warren counties.
We want to assure all of our contributors and our agencies that all funds donated to the United Way of Vance County during 2017 were distributed completely and appropriately. The United Way of Vance County is in good standing financially with all entities, including the United Way of North Carolina and United Way Worldwide. It was not until the beginning of our 2017-2018 campaign, which started July 1, that financial concerns arose. Due to the decline in donations and fulfillment of pledges, we were forced to suspend grant payments to our agencies in August.
The board is confident that the steps taken to streamline expenses and the strategies we have put into place to move forward with fundraising efforts will allow us to begin grant payments to our agencies soon. There are a couple of United Way fundraising campaigns with local businesses going on now and we are ready to assist their representatives in completing their campaigns and securing donations for those in need in our community.
Anyone with questions or concerns about the United Way of Vance County should contact Heather Hughes, board president, at 252-432-2133 or Terri Hedrick, board past president, at 252-438-8702.
Connect With The Author
- Karen Peck & New River Bring A Spiritual ‘Revival’ To Henderson - February 20, 2018
- VGCC students awarded Golden LEAF scholarships - February 20, 2018
- Bank Robbery Suspect Apprehended (2-20-18) - February 20, 2018
- Individual Shot Near Marketplace Saturday – Suspect Surrendered Monday - February 19, 2018
- VGCC receives $200,000 grant from Duke Energy and Piedmont Natural Gas to connect students with apprenticeship opportunities - February 16, 2018
- HPD Officer Involved Shooting Feb 15, 2018 - February 16, 2018
- HPD Traffic Stop Yields Two Drug Arrests 2-14-18 - February 15, 2018
- HPD Looking for Suspect in Medical Arts Theft - February 15, 2018
- Henderson City Council Planning Retreat 2018 - February 15, 2018
- VGCC to hold Business Technologies event - February 15, 2018