— courtesy United Way of Vance County
The United Way of Vance County Board of Directors has been working over the last several weeks to resolve our organization’s financial concerns and get our United Way in a position to once again support the needs of our agencies and our community. The board has taken steps to greatly reduce the operating costs of our United Way and we are moving our office to a new location at 715 South Garnett Street in Henderson.
After the beginning of the new year, we plan to have the new United Way of Vance County office fully operational. We also plan to begin new fundraising efforts, so that later in the year we can renew our grant payments to the United Way agencies in Vance and Warren counties.
We want to assure all of our contributors and our agencies that all funds donated to the United Way of Vance County during 2017 were distributed completely and appropriately. The United Way of Vance County is in good standing financially with all entities, including the United Way of North Carolina and United Way Worldwide. It was not until the beginning of our 2017-2018 campaign, which started July 1, that financial concerns arose. Due to the decline in donations and fulfillment of pledges, we were forced to suspend grant payments to our agencies in August.
The board is confident that the steps taken to streamline expenses and the strategies we have put into place to move forward with fundraising efforts will allow us to begin grant payments to our agencies soon. There are a couple of United Way fundraising campaigns with local businesses going on now and we are ready to assist their representatives in completing their campaigns and securing donations for those in need in our community.
Anyone with questions or concerns about the United Way of Vance County should contact Heather Hughes, board president, at 252-432-2133 or Terri Hedrick, board past president, at 252-438-8702.
Connect With The Author
- H-V Chamber Members Encouraged to Host Business After Hours - May 24, 2018
- Vance Co. Regional Farmer’s Market – Sat. May 26 - May 24, 2018
- Ribbon-Cuttings for Handyman Solutions/Mold & Moisture Medics - May 24, 2018
- Public Safety Committee to Meet Tues., June 5 - May 24, 2018
- Oxford Board of Commissioners Finance Committee to Meet Wed., May 30 - May 24, 2018
- Annual Warren Co. Chamber Meeting Set for Thurs., June 14 - May 24, 2018
- Two Raleigh Residents Arrested for Breaking/Entering in Franklin Co. - May 24, 2018
- VGCC Department Chair McGrady Recognized for National Faculty Award - May 23, 2018
- VGCC Trustees Expand Pharmacy Tech Programs with Certificates - May 23, 2018
- Privette Charged with Breaking/Entering, Larceny - May 23, 2018