100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Following Monday night’s Henderson City Council meeting, City Manager Frank Frazier spoke with WIZS on his upcoming retirement from the City of Henderson.
“I’ve been with the City for almost 35 years and I figured it was probably a good time for me to retire,” said Frazier.
With a month-to-month contract extension approved by the Council, Frazier said his retirement date is currently set for the end of January 2020. Prior to the extension, Frazier’s annual contract was set to expire at the end of July.
In the six month interim, Frazier said he will be working with the Council and with Mayor Eddie Ellington to select a successor.
Ellington had this to say, in part, about Frazier’s retirement:
“We are at a significant moment for the City of Henderson. Frank Frazier and I started just a few months shy of each other, with myself as mayor and him city manager. I am pleased with what we have accomplished in our years together, but there is still work that must be carried out for the betterment of our city. The most important is finding the right person to succeed Mr. Frazier. This is a charge that I must lead, for this is our future and I know the citizens of Henderson share my concerns.”
Frazier, who said he never imagined that he would one day be city manager, said his years with the City have been time well-spent.
“I’ve been very fortunate to work for the City and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here.”
To hear Frazier’s Town Talk interview in its entirety, including discussion on the City Manager’s report as presented at Monday night’s meeting, please click the play button below. Listen live to WIZS’ Town Talk Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on 1450AM, 100.1 FM or online at www.wizs.com.
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk: SHPHC Announces ‘For Unto Y’all’ Christmas Production – 07/18/19 - July 18, 2019
- Town Talk: Weekend Full of Events Planned for Mary Potter Reunion – 07/17/19 - July 17, 2019
- Town Talk: Friendly Barber Shop Celebrates 55th Anniversary – 07/16/19 - July 16, 2019
- Town Talk: The Cabin Pickers’ Stephanie Cole On Air – 07/11/19 - July 11, 2019
- Town Talk: Study Reveals Extent of McGregor Hall’s Economic Impact – 07/10/19 - July 10, 2019
- Town Talk: Henderson City Manager Announces Retirement Date – 07/09/19 - July 9, 2019
- Frazier Announces Retirement Intentions; City Searches for New Manager - July 8, 2019
- Town Talk: Granville Co. Summer Leadership Interns On Air – 07/08/19 - July 8, 2019
- List of Local Four-County Independence Day Celebrations - July 3, 2019
- Vance Commissioners Approve County-Wide Broadband Agreement - July 3, 2019