100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Following Monday night’s Henderson City Council meeting, City Manager Frank Frazier spoke with WIZS on his upcoming retirement from the City of Henderson.
“I’ve been with the City for almost 35 years and I figured it was probably a good time for me to retire,” said Frazier.
With a month-to-month contract extension approved by the Council, Frazier said his retirement date is currently set for the end of January 2020. Prior to the extension, Frazier’s annual contract was set to expire at the end of July.
In the six month interim, Frazier said he will be working with the Council and with Mayor Eddie Ellington to select a successor.
Ellington had this to say, in part, about Frazier’s retirement:
“We are at a significant moment for the City of Henderson. Frank Frazier and I started just a few months shy of each other, with myself as mayor and him city manager. I am pleased with what we have accomplished in our years together, but there is still work that must be carried out for the betterment of our city. The most important is finding the right person to succeed Mr. Frazier. This is a charge that I must lead, for this is our future and I know the citizens of Henderson share my concerns.”
Frazier, who said he never imagined that he would one day be city manager, said his years with the City have been time well-spent.
“I’ve been very fortunate to work for the City and have thoroughly enjoyed my time here.”
To hear Frazier’s Town Talk interview in its entirety, including discussion on the City Manager’s report as presented at Monday night’s meeting, please click the play button below. Listen live to WIZS’ Town Talk Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on 1450AM, 100.1 FM or online at www.wizs.com.
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk 10/14/19: Local Airport’s Military Show Kicks Off Veterans Day Observances - October 14, 2019
- Town Talk 10/10/19: HFD’s Fire Prevention Day to Feature Smoke House, Free Food - October 10, 2019
- Town Talk 10/09/19: Ellington, Owens & Spriggs Comment on Election Results - October 9, 2019
- Town Talk 10/08/19: Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Reports 1,300+ Domestic Calls - October 8, 2019
- Town Talk 10/07/19: Granville’s Fall Season Full of Festivals, Farms, Shows & More - October 7, 2019
- Town Talk 10/03/19: Edwards Discusses Medicare/Affordable Care Open Enrollment - October 3, 2019
- Town Talk 10/01/19: Vance Co. DSS Announces Domestic Violence Awareness Events - October 1, 2019
- Town Talk 09/30/19: Code Enforcement, Public Safety on Incumbent Mayor’s Agenda - September 30, 2019
- HPD Chief Credits Agency Cooperation, Public’s Help With Drug Arrests - September 27, 2019
- Town Talk 09/25/19: Police, Jobs Key to City’s Future Says Mayoral Candidate Owens - September 25, 2019