The Henderson City Council met Monday night. The fiscal year 2019-2020 budget passed according to Councilman William Burnette. City Manager Frank Frazier said the budget’s approval was unanimous. It totals $42,270,030. No property tax, sewer or regional water increases were adopted. However, as proposed, a water rate increase of 2.5% was included.
Another matter was consideration of approval of 1) Resolution 19-22, authorizing execution of change order #1 with H.G. Reynolds Company, Inc., on the Young Avenue Asbestos Cement (AC) Waterline Replacement Project Contingent Upon NCDEQ (North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality) Division of Water Infrastructure’s Approval; and 2) Ordinance 19-27, amending the budget to allow contingency funds within the project to be utilized.
Frazier said the change order was approved. In other words, some things cropped up during the project which were good and necessary for a proper completion and the extra funding will be provided.
Also, there was a work session on the proposed Beckford Drive widening project. Fraizer told WIZS News, “The Beckford Drive road project came in over the engineer’s estimate and over the available funds. (We are) working with the Department of Transportation to see how we may be able to take out items within the project and other funding sources to see how to make up the difference.”
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - August 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - August 19, 2019
- WIZS Celebration; 3p-7p, Saturday; Ribeyes of Hend; Rick Strickland Band Live - August 14, 2019
- Town Talk 08/12/19 - August 12, 2019
- Governor Roy Cooper Shows Support for NC House Rep. Terry Garrison - August 6, 2019
- Governor’s Veto Affirms Henderson Remains KLRWS Managing Partner - August 2, 2019
- Town Talk 07/29/19 - July 29, 2019
- Search Process For New City Manager Begins - July 25, 2019
- Town Talk: Garrison Discusses DHHS Move, Medicaid – 07/15/19 - July 15, 2019
- Henderson Police Officer Shot While Investigating Earlier Shooting - July 11, 2019