100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Lina Lue Howe, extension agent with Vance County’s 4-H Youth Development program, was on Thursday’s edition of WIZS’ Town Talk program to discuss the organization’s 11 planned summer fun camps.
Serving as the nation’s largest youth development program, Howe said 4-H seeks “to educate children on leadership development, agriculture and volunteerism in a fun environment.”
To offer these skills to local children, Vance County 4-H is currently enrolling youth in summer camps ranging from growing produce to visiting the Asheboro Zoo. Camps for ages 5-18 are available from late June through early August.
Register in-person at the N.C. Cooperative Extension office from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. The Vance County office is located at 305 Young St. in Henderson.
For the online registration packet and more detailed information about each camp discussed in the Town Talk interview, please click here.
With additional questions, please contact Howe at (252) 438-8188 or [email protected]
To hear Howe’s interview in its entirety, including additional information about the planned 4-H summer activities, click the play button below. Listen live to WIZS’ Town Talk Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on 1450AM, 100.1 FM or online at www.wizs.com.
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk 10/17/19: All About This Weekend’s Show, Shine, Shag & Dine - October 17, 2019
- Town Talk 10/16/19: Aarika Sandlin, VCS’ New Public Information Officer, On-Air - October 16, 2019
- Town Talk 10/15/19: Youth Outreach Programs Aim to Prevent Violent Situations - October 15, 2019
- Town Talk 10/14/19: Local Airport’s Military Show Kicks Off Veterans Day Observances - October 14, 2019
- Town Talk 10/10/19: HFD’s Fire Prevention Day to Feature Smoke House, Free Food - October 10, 2019
- Town Talk 10/09/19: Ellington, Owens & Spriggs Comment on Election Results - October 9, 2019
- Town Talk 10/08/19: Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Reports 1,300+ Domestic Calls - October 8, 2019
- Town Talk 10/07/19: Granville’s Fall Season Full of Festivals, Farms, Shows & More - October 7, 2019
- Town Talk 10/03/19: Edwards Discusses Medicare/Affordable Care Open Enrollment - October 3, 2019
- Town Talk 10/01/19: Vance Co. DSS Announces Domestic Violence Awareness Events - October 1, 2019