100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
Lina Lue Howe, extension agent with Vance County’s 4-H Youth Development program, was on Thursday’s edition of WIZS’ Town Talk program to discuss the organization’s 11 planned summer fun camps.
Serving as the nation’s largest youth development program, Howe said 4-H seeks “to educate children on leadership development, agriculture and volunteerism in a fun environment.”
To offer these skills to local children, Vance County 4-H is currently enrolling youth in summer camps ranging from growing produce to visiting the Asheboro Zoo. Camps for ages 5-18 are available from late June through early August.
Register in-person at the N.C. Cooperative Extension office from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. The Vance County office is located at 305 Young St. in Henderson.
For the online registration packet and more detailed information about each camp discussed in the Town Talk interview, please click here.
With additional questions, please contact Howe at (252) 438-8188 or [email protected]
To hear Howe’s interview in its entirety, including additional information about the planned 4-H summer activities, click the play button below. Listen live to WIZS’ Town Talk Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on 1450AM, 100.1 FM or online at www.wizs.com.
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk: SHPHC Announces ‘For Unto Y’all’ Christmas Production – 07/18/19 - July 18, 2019
- Town Talk: Weekend Full of Events Planned for Mary Potter Reunion – 07/17/19 - July 17, 2019
- Town Talk: Friendly Barber Shop Celebrates 55th Anniversary – 07/16/19 - July 16, 2019
- Town Talk: The Cabin Pickers’ Stephanie Cole On Air – 07/11/19 - July 11, 2019
- Town Talk: Study Reveals Extent of McGregor Hall’s Economic Impact – 07/10/19 - July 10, 2019
- Town Talk: Henderson City Manager Announces Retirement Date – 07/09/19 - July 9, 2019
- Frazier Announces Retirement Intentions; City Searches for New Manager - July 8, 2019
- Town Talk: Granville Co. Summer Leadership Interns On Air – 07/08/19 - July 8, 2019
- List of Local Four-County Independence Day Celebrations - July 3, 2019
- Vance Commissioners Approve County-Wide Broadband Agreement - July 3, 2019