THIS STORY IS PRESENTED IN PART BY DRAKE DENTISTRY
Dr. Stephen Pearson, co-owner of the newly opened Sadie’s Coffee Corner in downtown Henderson, was the guest of honor on Tuesday’s edition of WIZS’ Town Talk program.
On Saturday, November 9, Pearson and wife Amanda celebrated the grand opening of the coffee shop located in the former Gupton’s Gun Shop building at 324 S. Garnett Street.
“The grand opening was awesome,” said Pearson. “We got to meet all kinds of people from town. A lot of people expressed joy in having a place to come, sit down, relax and get a good coffee.”
With local offerings from Wake Forest-based Black and White Coffee Roasters, Lake Gaston Coffee, Durham-based Big Spoon Roasters, Enfield Honey Farm in Halifax and baked goods from Strong Arm Baking Company in Oxford, the Pearsons are investing in the area they now call home.
Formerly based in Tampa, FL, the Pearsons began to familiarize themselves with the area when Stephen’s job as a contract worker for the government required travel to nearby Youngsville and Raleigh-based customers.
“Amanda fell in love with North Carolina and we decided to find somewhere that would be a great place to live,” explained Stephen. “We came to Henderson and saw some opportunity. We saw a town that possibly could use some investment.”
Alluding to the Henderson-Vance Downtown Development Commission and the City of Henderson’s efforts to reinstate the area to North Carolina Main Street status, Pearson said part of the attraction to downtown was the revitalization movement.
“To get a Main Street running the way it’s supposed to you need to have a barbershop and a coffee shop – places where people can do communal things. A place where people can have disagreements without arguments, talk politics or religion. When we came here, we were looking for a place like that and couldn’t find one. So we knew there was a natural need for it, and we believe downtown can grow from that.”
As for the name of their new venture, Pearson said the couple needed to look no further than their own loyal dog.
“Every day when I come home, my golden retriever Sadie sits at the door, wags her tail, has a big smile on her face and is happy to see me. When you walk through our doors, we want to put a smile on your face and know that you’re welcome,” said Pearson.
Sadie’s Coffee Corner is open seven days a week; Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m., Saturday & Sunday from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m.
To hear the interview with Pearson in its entirety, please click the play button below. Listen live to WIZS’ Town Talk Monday-Friday at 11 a.m. on 1450AM, 100.1 FM or online at www.wizs.com.
(This is not a paid advertisement)
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk 12/12/19: Grace Ministries Accepting Toy Donations; Distribution Dec. 21 - December 12, 2019
- George Daye Presented Key to the City; Elected Henderson Officials Sworn In - December 11, 2019
- Town Talk 12/10/19: Frazier Receives Order of the Long Leaf Pine, Honored With Luncheon - December 10, 2019
- Town Talk 12/05/19: ‘Smart’ Technology is Watching & Listening! - December 5, 2019
- Town Talk 12/04/19: Granville Plans Busy Weekend With Parades, Shows & More - December 4, 2019
- Town Talk 12/03/19: ‘Shop With A Cop’ Raffle Winners Announced - December 3, 2019
- Town Talk 12/02/19: Free Adoptions at Vance Co. Animal Shelter! - December 2, 2019
- Deadline for Medicare, Affordable Care Act Enrollment Fast Approaching - November 27, 2019
- Grace Ministries Feeds 5,000 During Annual ‘Meal and a Prayer’ Event - November 26, 2019
- Nits Nats Music to Close After 50 Years in Business - November 25, 2019