-Press Release, City of Oxford
The City of Oxford is reminding the citizens of Oxford that on February 13, 2018, the Oxford Board of Commissioners voted to make the following changes to Chapter 20 Section 56 of the Traffic Ordinance for the City of Oxford’s Code of Ordinances.
§ 20-56 Paragraph A – No driver shall make a semicircular turn or U-turn at the intersection of Spring and Main Street, nor shall a driver make a U-turn or semi-circle turn to reverse direction or to park on the opposite side of the street within the business district.
To aid the citizens of Oxford in recalling this change in Oxford’s ordinance, the Board has decided that from Wednesday, May 15 through June 30, 2019, the Oxford Police Department will only issue warning tickets.
If you have any questions, please contact the Oxford Police Department at 919-693-3161 or the City Clerk’s office at 919-603-1100.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019