-Information courtesy the Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce’s Sept./Oct. “Focus” Newsletter
The 81st Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce Annual Membership Meeting and Banquet will be held on Thursday, January 31, 2019, at the VGCC Civic Center.
This year’s keynote speaker is Allison Capps, Assistant District Attorney for North Carolina’s 9th Prosecutorial District.
Allison Siler Capps grew up in Belmont, NC. She attended Peace College and received a B.A. in Psychology. Following Peace, she attended the Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University where she received her law degree.
She began her career as an Assistant District Attorney in the 2nd Prosecutorial District, working for just over a year. She returned to the 9th District, (Granville, Vance, Franklin and Warren counties) where she had interned while in law school and currently serves.
As a part of the DA’s office, she has tried over 20 jury trials, ranging from DWIs to First Degree Murder cases and everything in between. She has received numerous awards from Crime Stoppers, NC Gang Investigators Assoc. and others.
Mrs. Capps is an active member of Delrayno Baptist Church, President of the Board of Directors for the Granville Education Foundation, participates in the Girls on the Run Program and in the NC Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics. She resides in Oxford with her husband, Jason, and their son, Luke.
Presenting Sponsor for this special annual event is Duke Energy. Gold sponsor is Maria Parham Health and Silver Sponsors are BB&T, MARS Petcare, Wake Electric Membership Corporation and Walmart DC# 6091; Bronze Sponsors are Benchmark Community Bank and Express Employment Professionals; Contributor Sponsor is CenturyLink and Advocate sponsor is Union Bank.
Seating for dinner will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m. Tickets will be available for $35 each or a table of 10 for $320. Please reserve tables and purchase tickets no later than January 23. Contact the Chamber at 252-438-8414 to purchase tickets, for more information or for sponsorship opportunities.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Charlotte’s Web’ to Delight School Children, Families Alike - March 25, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Announces Upcoming End-of-Year Activities - March 25, 2019
- West End Community Watch Hears From Animal Services at March Meeting - March 25, 2019
- Rec. Baseball & Softball Opening Ceremony/Picture Day to Honor Local Youth - March 25, 2019
- United Way’s 2019 Grant Application Process Now Open - March 22, 2019
- Register Now for 14th Annual Relay for Life KLCC Golf Tournament - March 22, 2019
- VGCC to Offer Open House at All Four Campuses - March 22, 2019
- Annual Household Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Day – April 27 - March 22, 2019
- H-V Recreation & Parks to Hold Upcoming Egg Hunt at Two Locations - March 22, 2019
- DNA Analysis Subject of Upcoming Thornton Library Program - March 22, 2019