This week in the garden with Vance Co. Extension:
- Now is the time to dig your sweet potatoes.
- Get outdoor container plantings ready for cold weather.
- Start planning your season extension materials. Cardboard, row covers, plastic canvas
- Consider adding ornamental grasses to your landscape.
- Check cole crops; they may need top dressing with nitrogen if they are light green.
- Enjoy a visit to a public garden during the mild weather.
- Soil samples are still free of charge to avoid the rush bring your samples to Cooperative extension today.
- Spray ivy, wisteria, poison ivy and English Ivy with Brush Killer.
- Store garden equipment that you won’t need until next spring.
- Drain water from hoses and other irrigation equipment to prevent freeze damage