-Press Release, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, Terry M. Wright – Chief of Staff
On August 28, 2018, The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit arrested Daniel Lee Sneed Jr. of 413 Ridley Street, Louisburg, NC on nine (9) felony drug charges.
This investigation was the result of citizen complaints alleging that Mr. Sneed was involved in illegal drug activity within Franklin County. As a result of these complaints, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit verified the information and coordinated an enforcement strategy with the Louisburg Police Department which ultimately led to Mr. Sneed’s arrest.
In addition to the arrest of Mr. Sneed, a search warrant was conducted by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, Louisburg Police Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). Marijuana and drug paraphernalia were located during the search.
Sheriff Kent Winstead stated, “When alert and concerned citizens see what they believe to be drug activity in their neighborhood and they contact our office with the information, we will respond. This is another example of how partnering with our police departments within the county is making our citizens safer.”
Louisburg Police Chief Jason Abbot stated, “Our partnership with the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office is vital to the success of our drug initiative. Sheriff Winstead and I are committed to working together for safer communities”.
Daniel Lee Sneed Jr. was placed in the Franklin County Detention Center under a $50,000 bond.
Daniel Lee Sneed Jr. 09/16/1989
Possess with Intent to Sell and Deliver Cocaine (3 Counts) Sell Cocaine (3 Counts) Maintain a Dwelling place for the purpose of Selling Cocaine (3 Counts)
For more information regarding this arrest or to provide information to the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit, please contact Sgt. Ken Pike at 919-496-2186.
Connect With The Author
- H-V Chamber President Calls on Community Leaders to Support ‘Hometown Debate’ - October 15, 2019
- One-Stop Early Voting for Granville Municipalities Begins Tomorrow - October 15, 2019
- Tri-City Seahawks to Hold Games, First Homecoming Event - October 15, 2019
- VGCC Announces 2019/2020 Psychology Club Officers, Members - October 15, 2019
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019