-Press Release, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, Terry M. Wright – Chief of Staff
On August 28, 2018, The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit arrested Daniel Lee Sneed Jr. of 413 Ridley Street, Louisburg, NC on nine (9) felony drug charges.
This investigation was the result of citizen complaints alleging that Mr. Sneed was involved in illegal drug activity within Franklin County. As a result of these complaints, the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit verified the information and coordinated an enforcement strategy with the Louisburg Police Department which ultimately led to Mr. Sneed’s arrest.
In addition to the arrest of Mr. Sneed, a search warrant was conducted by the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, Louisburg Police Department and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). Marijuana and drug paraphernalia were located during the search.
Sheriff Kent Winstead stated, “When alert and concerned citizens see what they believe to be drug activity in their neighborhood and they contact our office with the information, we will respond. This is another example of how partnering with our police departments within the county is making our citizens safer.”
Louisburg Police Chief Jason Abbot stated, “Our partnership with the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office is vital to the success of our drug initiative. Sheriff Winstead and I are committed to working together for safer communities”.
Daniel Lee Sneed Jr. was placed in the Franklin County Detention Center under a $50,000 bond.
Daniel Lee Sneed Jr. 09/16/1989
Possess with Intent to Sell and Deliver Cocaine (3 Counts) Sell Cocaine (3 Counts) Maintain a Dwelling place for the purpose of Selling Cocaine (3 Counts)
For more information regarding this arrest or to provide information to the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit, please contact Sgt. Ken Pike at 919-496-2186.
Connect With The Author
- Duke Energy’s Work Continues During Stay-at-Home Ordinance - April 3, 2020
- Franklin County to Impose Curfew Effective Sun., April 5 - April 3, 2020
- Franklin Co. Schools Home-Based Assignments, Wi-Fi Access Available April 6 - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Offering Free At-Home Egg Hunt to 25 Families - April 3, 2020
- First Case of COVID-19 Confirmed in Warren County - April 3, 2020
- VGCC Small Business Center Offering Eight-Part ‘Doing Business Remotely’ Series - April 3, 2020
- Granville Board of Education’s April 6 Meeting to be Conducted Electronically - April 3, 2020
- H-V Rec. & Parks Announces Closure of All Playgrounds, Outdoor Basketball Courts - April 3, 2020
- Vance Board of Commissioners to Hold April Meeting With Limited Public Access - April 2, 2020
- No Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 Reported in Warren Co. to Date - April 2, 2020