100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Chamber of Commerce
The Granville County Chamber of Commerce announces its support and recognition of Small Business Saturday on November 30, 2019, to support small, local, independent businesses in Granville County, NC.
Small Business Saturday® was founded by American Express in 2010 to celebrate the small businesses that help support your neighborhood and is held every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Now in its 10th year, Small Business Saturday® has been embraced as part of the holiday shopping tradition as each year shoppers, businesses and public officials come together to Shop Small® and show their neighborhood pride.
Understanding the important contributions small businesses make to their communities, the Granville County Chamber of Commerce encourages consumers to take part in Small Business Saturday® by supporting small, local businesses. Continuing our five-year tradition, shopping bags with promotional items will be available at the Chamber’s Annual Thanksgiving Breakfast on Wednesday, November 27 at Oxford Baptist Church.
American Express created the Neighborhood Champions program to help rally communities around Small Business Saturday and is working alongside numerous business organizations to support local Small Business Saturday celebrations throughout the country.
Small business owners can learn more about taking part in Small Business Saturday and download free marketing materials at www.shopsmall.com. Consumers can also visit the site to find small merchants to shop at on Small Business Saturday.
If your business has coupons, small items, special sale flyers, etc. you would like to include in the 200 Shop Small shopping bags to be given out at the Chamber’s Thanksgiving Breakfast on November 27, bring them to a Chamber Office by the end of the day on Monday, November 18. For the South Office, items may also be brought to the Nationwide Office next to the South Office. The bags will be prepared by our Chamber Ambassadors at their 8 a.m. meeting on Tuesday, November 19.
Connect With The Author
- City Council’s Nov. Meeting to Include Public Hearing on Zoning Amendment - November 15, 2019
- Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Launches New Governance Structure - November 15, 2019
- Downtown Henderson to Hold Holiday Window Decorating Contest - November 15, 2019
- Living With Joint Pain? Join MPH for a FREE Lunch & Learn Event - November 15, 2019
- Granville Co. Commissioners to Meet Mon., Nov 18 - November 15, 2019
- Oxford Prep PTO to Hold 4th Annual Holiday Bazaar Sat., Nov. 16 - November 15, 2019
- NC Farms Open for Winter Events - November 15, 2019
- VGCC Awards Scholarships to 349 Students - November 14, 2019
- U.S. 158 Bridge in Granville County Opens - November 14, 2019
- Don’t Miss VCRFM’s Annual Handcrafted Holiday Market This Saturday! - November 14, 2019