100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Downtown Oxford Economic Development Corporation
A magical night is planned on Friday, December 6, 2019, for the 14th Annual Lighting of the Greens and Christmas Parade sponsored by Downtown Oxford Economic Development Corporation (DOEDC), the City of Oxford and partner Granville Health System. Events are scheduled from 4 until 9 p.m. in downtown Oxford.
The Christmas parade will take place rain, snow or shine, so please plan accordingly.
4 – 6:30 p.m. – Vendor Market opens
5:30 p.m. – Line up begins for parade participants
6:30- 6:45 p.m. – Welcome and opening comments
6:45 – 6:50 p.m. – Lighting of the Greens
7 p.m. – Parade starts
The parade will start from Belle Street, travel down Williamsboro Street, then Hillsboro Street, and end by taking a right on McClanahan Street to the Public Works Parking lot. Please note that there will be no parking in the Public Works parking lot (127 Penn Avenue) on the evening of the event.
Those interested in participating in the parade should mail in an entry form (click here) and payment by Friday, November 15, 2019, to City Hall, Attn. Christmas Parade, 300 Williamsboro Street, Oxford, NC 27587. Space is limited to 85 parade entries on a first-come-first-served basis.
With questions, call Christine Luscavich 561-312-9276 or Mary Yount at 919-603-1164. For additional information on the parade and Lighting of the Greens, including cost, float requirements and drop off/unloading instructions, please click here.
Connect With The Author
- NC MedAssist to Hold Free Mobile Pharmacy Event in Henderson - February 17, 2020
- Henderson Man Sentenced to 26 Years for Heroin, Firearm Violations - February 17, 2020
- Reminder: Oxford City-Wide Neighborhood Watch to Meet Tues., Feb. 18 - February 17, 2020
- ‘One Noble Journey’ to Pay Tribute to Black History Month at McGregor Hall - February 17, 2020
- Wilton Elementary to Hold Annual Quarter Auction; Business Donations Requested - February 17, 2020
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020