100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Downtown Oxford Economic Development Corporation
A magical night is planned on Friday, December 6, 2019, for the 14th Annual Lighting of the Greens and Christmas Parade sponsored by Downtown Oxford Economic Development Corporation (DOEDC), the City of Oxford and partner Granville Health System. Events are scheduled from 4 until 9 p.m. in downtown Oxford.
The Christmas parade will take place rain, snow or shine, so please plan accordingly.
4 – 6:30 p.m. – Vendor Market opens
5:30 p.m. – Line up begins for parade participants
6:30- 6:45 p.m. – Welcome and opening comments
6:45 – 6:50 p.m. – Lighting of the Greens
7 p.m. – Parade starts
The parade will start from Belle Street, travel down Williamsboro Street, then Hillsboro Street, and end by taking a right on McClanahan Street to the Public Works Parking lot. Please note that there will be no parking in the Public Works parking lot (127 Penn Avenue) on the evening of the event.
Those interested in participating in the parade should mail in an entry form (click here) and payment by Friday, November 15, 2019, to City Hall, Attn. Christmas Parade, 300 Williamsboro Street, Oxford, NC 27587. Space is limited to 85 parade entries on a first-come-first-served basis.
With questions, call Christine Luscavich 561-312-9276 or Mary Yount at 919-603-1164. For additional information on the parade and Lighting of the Greens, including cost, float requirements and drop off/unloading instructions, please click here.
Connect With The Author
- City Council’s Nov. Meeting to Include Public Hearing on Zoning Amendment - November 15, 2019
- Cardinal Innovations Healthcare Launches New Governance Structure - November 15, 2019
- Downtown Henderson to Hold Holiday Window Decorating Contest - November 15, 2019
- Living With Joint Pain? Join MPH for a FREE Lunch & Learn Event - November 15, 2019
- Granville Co. Commissioners to Meet Mon., Nov 18 - November 15, 2019
- Oxford Prep PTO to Hold 4th Annual Holiday Bazaar Sat., Nov. 16 - November 15, 2019
- NC Farms Open for Winter Events - November 15, 2019
- VGCC Awards Scholarships to 349 Students - November 14, 2019
- U.S. 158 Bridge in Granville County Opens - November 14, 2019
- Don’t Miss VCRFM’s Annual Handcrafted Holiday Market This Saturday! - November 14, 2019