-Information courtesy the Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce
The Rotary Club of Henderson, NC is accepting student scholarship applications now through Friday, April 19, 2019.
In order for students to be eligible to apply for this scholarship, they must be a current senior in high school and attend any school or homeschool in Vance County, NC.
Applicants must write an essay in answer to the following question:
How is the motto of the Rotary Club, “Service above Self,” evident in your life, and how will you continue to uphold this motto through college and beyond?
Specifically, your essay should be sure to address the following:
- What “Service above Self” means to you;
- What you have accomplished that demonstrates “Service above Self”; and
- Your future plans describing how you will continue to incorporate “Service above Self” throughout the rest of your life.
In addition to the essay, please include the following:
- Student’s full name
- Cell phone number
- Home phone number
- Email address
Please submit all completed scholarship information to:
C/O D. Rix Edwards
Stainback, Satterwhite & Zollicoffer
115 N. Garnett St.
Henderson, NC 27536
Email to: [email protected]
Friday, April 19, 2019 – All scholarship applications are due to the address or email address listed above.
Wednesday, May 1, 2019 – Scholarship winners will be notified of awards and invited to the scholarship banquet.
Tuesday, May 14, 2019 – Scholarship winners should plan to attend the banquet to be recognized for their achievements.
Scholarship Essays will be judged on the following criteria:
- Clarity of the writing
- Specific evidence of “Service above Self” in your life
- Specific evidence of your future plans to continue to incorporate “Service above Self” throughout your life
NOTICE OF SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS:
Scholarship award winners will be notified of their awards on Wednesday, May 1, 2019. Scholarship award winners will receive a scholarship in the amount of $2,000 to apply toward their continuing-education-related expenses.
On notice of award, scholarship award winners will be invited to attend the Scholars Banquet.
Questions regarding this scholarship application should be submitted via email to Rix Edwards at [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- BoE Announces Henderson Candidates; Filing Extended for 3rd Ward - July 19, 2019
- Town of Kittrell, Middleburg Nov. Election Candidates Announced - July 19, 2019
- State Cabinet Secretary Visits VGCC - July 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Board of Election Releases Candidate Names - July 19, 2019
- VCSO: Silver Alert Issued for Robert Lewis Rogers - July 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties, Water Committee to Meet July 22 - July 19, 2019
- Deported Alien, Previously Found in Granville Co., Charged With Illegal Reentry - July 19, 2019
- Granville Board of Education to Meet in Closed Session - July 19, 2019
- Vance County Schools Announces Leadership Changes - July 18, 2019
- High School Students Explore Medical Science at VGCC South Campus - July 18, 2019