-Information courtesy the Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce
The Rotary Club of Henderson, NC is accepting student scholarship applications now through Friday, April 19, 2019.
In order for students to be eligible to apply for this scholarship, they must be a current senior in high school and attend any school or homeschool in Vance County, NC.
Applicants must write an essay in answer to the following question:
How is the motto of the Rotary Club, “Service above Self,” evident in your life, and how will you continue to uphold this motto through college and beyond?
Specifically, your essay should be sure to address the following:
- What “Service above Self” means to you;
- What you have accomplished that demonstrates “Service above Self”; and
- Your future plans describing how you will continue to incorporate “Service above Self” throughout the rest of your life.
In addition to the essay, please include the following:
- Student’s full name
- Cell phone number
- Home phone number
- Email address
Please submit all completed scholarship information to:
C/O D. Rix Edwards
Stainback, Satterwhite & Zollicoffer
115 N. Garnett St.
Henderson, NC 27536
Email to: [email protected]
Friday, April 19, 2019 – All scholarship applications are due to the address or email address listed above.
Wednesday, May 1, 2019 – Scholarship winners will be notified of awards and invited to the scholarship banquet.
Tuesday, May 14, 2019 – Scholarship winners should plan to attend the banquet to be recognized for their achievements.
Scholarship Essays will be judged on the following criteria:
- Clarity of the writing
- Specific evidence of “Service above Self” in your life
- Specific evidence of your future plans to continue to incorporate “Service above Self” throughout your life
NOTICE OF SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS:
Scholarship award winners will be notified of their awards on Wednesday, May 1, 2019. Scholarship award winners will receive a scholarship in the amount of $2,000 to apply toward their continuing-education-related expenses.
On notice of award, scholarship award winners will be invited to attend the Scholars Banquet.
Questions regarding this scholarship application should be submitted via email to Rix Edwards at [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- Education Veteran to Address VGCC Basic Skills Grads - April 23, 2019
- Let’s End School Bullying! ‘Stop Bullying for Jacob’ Forum – May 6 - April 23, 2019
- Kerr Lake Park Watch: Upcoming 2019 Fishing Tournaments - April 23, 2019
- ‘A Tribute to Sammy Davis, Jr.’ by David Hayes Coming to McGregor Hall - April 23, 2019
- Franklin Co. Sheriff’s Office Arrests Accused Sex Offender - April 23, 2019
- Oxford Public Safety Committee to Discuss Parking, U-Turns – April 25 - April 23, 2019
- Reminder: Vance Co. Hazardous Waste Collection & Recycling Event Next Sat.! - April 19, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market to Open Season With Spring Fling - April 19, 2019
- VGCC Names 134 Students to Fall Semester Dean’s List - April 19, 2019
- Kerr Lake Country Club to Celebrate 55 Years With ‘Business After Hours’ - April 19, 2019