Franklin County, August 25, 2017: The Franklin County Health Department has learned that over the past few weeks several calls have been placed to area seniors which appear to be coming from the Franklin County Health Department’s Home Health Agency. For those with Caller-ID, the call will appear to be coming from our Home Health Agency’s phone number and will indicate “County of Franklin” as the name of the caller. Once answered the caller begins to discuss credit card offers that seem “too good to be true” and then asks for personal financial information.
Please note the Franklin County Health Department does NOT call regarding credit card or any other financial offers. Families and Caretakers are encouraged to speak with their seniors about any unusual calls they may be receiving and are strongly encouraged to call local law enforcement to report any suspicious calling activities.
The Franklin County Health Department and Information Technology Department will continue to work with local law enforcement and alert the community about this phone-scam activity targeting seniors.
For additional information, please contact Scott LaVigne, Franklin County Health Director, at (919) 496-2533.
Franklin County Government is committed to effective and innovative public services for all Franklin County citizens and businesses.
Connect With The Author
- Vance County Schools Addresses Coronavirus Concerns - February 28, 2020
- Granville Tourism Development Authority Wins Regional Award - February 28, 2020
- Reminder: One-Stop Early Voting for March Primary Ends This Weekend - February 28, 2020
- Perry Memorial Library and VITA Offering Free Tax Preparation Services - February 28, 2020
- H-V Chamber of Commerce Announces 2020 Sponsorship Opportunities - February 28, 2020
- Granville Board of Education to Meet March 2 - February 28, 2020
- Deported Alien, Found in Warren Co., Indicted on Illegal Reentry Charges - February 28, 2020
- Local Granville-Vance Health Director Attends White House Coronavirus Briefing - February 27, 2020
- VGCC Succeeds By Going ‘All-In’ for CDL - February 27, 2020
- Tax Assistance Available for Veterans, Elderly/Disabled Warren Residents - February 27, 2020