Franklin County, August 25, 2017: The Franklin County Health Department has learned that over the past few weeks several calls have been placed to area seniors which appear to be coming from the Franklin County Health Department’s Home Health Agency. For those with Caller-ID, the call will appear to be coming from our Home Health Agency’s phone number and will indicate “County of Franklin” as the name of the caller. Once answered the caller begins to discuss credit card offers that seem “too good to be true” and then asks for personal financial information.
Please note the Franklin County Health Department does NOT call regarding credit card or any other financial offers. Families and Caretakers are encouraged to speak with their seniors about any unusual calls they may be receiving and are strongly encouraged to call local law enforcement to report any suspicious calling activities.
The Franklin County Health Department and Information Technology Department will continue to work with local law enforcement and alert the community about this phone-scam activity targeting seniors.
For additional information, please contact Scott LaVigne, Franklin County Health Director, at (919) 496-2533.
Franklin County Government is committed to effective and innovative public services for all Franklin County citizens and businesses.
Connect With The Author
- H-V Chamber President Calls on Community Leaders to Support ‘Hometown Debate’ - October 15, 2019
- One-Stop Early Voting for Granville Municipalities Begins Tomorrow - October 15, 2019
- Tri-City Seahawks to Hold Games, First Homecoming Event - October 15, 2019
- VGCC Announces 2019/2020 Psychology Club Officers, Members - October 15, 2019
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019