-Information and flyer courtesy the Vance County Appearance Commission
The annual Vance County Household Hazardous Waste Collection and Recycling Day event will be held on Saturday, April 27, 2019, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the City Operations Center at 900 South Beckford Drive in Henderson. The event is free and open to all residents of Vance County.
The event provides a safe and responsible way for local residents to dispose of unwanted old paints, insecticides and pesticides, as well as old medications, televisions and computer hardware. It also provides a way for residents to securely shred unwanted or old personal documents and properly recycle appropriate household items.
Residents can simply bring their materials for disposal and recycling to the event on April 27, and volunteers will be on hand to assist in unloading the items from residents’ vehicles and getting them to the proper vendor.
Vendors scheduled to be on hand at the event include:
- Ecoflow and N.C. Department of Agriculture officials to accept paints, pesticides, batteries, cleaners, light tubes, propane gas cylinders, fire extinguishers and mixed solvents;
- Vance County Sheriff’s Department deputies to accept prescription drugs, antibiotics, pain medications, allergy medications and any over-the-counter unwanted medications;
- Local Government Federal Credit Union officials with a shredding truck to securely shred at the site any personal, important documents;
- Waste Industries bins to collect old or unwanted televisions, computer monitors and computer CPUs;
- Waste Industries bins to collect cardboard, metal and aluminum cans, plastic bottles and containers, glass bottles and containers, newsprint and magazines.
This event is for local residential customers and not designed to take items from businesses or industries.
For additional information on the Collection and Recycling Day, residents may contact Jason Falls, Vance County Environmental Services director, at 252-738-2090 or [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Makes Arrests in Heroin Trafficking Cases - May 22, 2019
- Location Change for Vance Public Safety Meeting on Fire Matters - May 22, 2019
- Granville Athletic Park Reaches 15-Year Milestone - May 22, 2019
- Local Youth Ages 4-12 Needed for Competitive Football League - May 22, 2019
- Perry Memorial Library Gearing Up for Youth Summer Reading Program - May 21, 2019
- State Vet Encourages Livestock Owners to Vaccinate Before Peak Rabies Season - May 21, 2019
- H-V Rec. & Parks Youth Cheerleading Registration Begins June 3 - May 21, 2019
- VGCC Graduates 15 Cadets in 108th Basic Law Enforcement Training Class - May 20, 2019
- City of Henderson Announces Memorial Day Sanitation Schedule - May 20, 2019
- Dedication Ceremonies Being Held for New Dog Park, Renamed Rollins Ave. Park - May 20, 2019