-Information and flyer courtesy the Vance County Appearance Commission
The annual Vance County Household Hazardous Waste Collection and Recycling Day event will be held on Saturday, April 27, 2019, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the City Operations Center at 900 South Beckford Drive in Henderson. The event is free and open to all residents of Vance County.
The event provides a safe and responsible way for local residents to dispose of unwanted old paints, insecticides and pesticides, as well as old medications, televisions and computer hardware. It also provides a way for residents to securely shred unwanted or old personal documents and properly recycle appropriate household items.
Residents can simply bring their materials for disposal and recycling to the event on April 27, and volunteers will be on hand to assist in unloading the items from residents’ vehicles and getting them to the proper vendor.
Vendors scheduled to be on hand at the event include:
- Ecoflow and N.C. Department of Agriculture officials to accept paints, pesticides, batteries, cleaners, light tubes, propane gas cylinders, fire extinguishers and mixed solvents;
- Vance County Sheriff’s Department deputies to accept prescription drugs, antibiotics, pain medications, allergy medications and any over-the-counter unwanted medications;
- Local Government Federal Credit Union officials with a shredding truck to securely shred at the site any personal, important documents;
- Waste Industries bins to collect old or unwanted televisions, computer monitors and computer CPUs;
- Waste Industries bins to collect cardboard, metal and aluminum cans, plastic bottles and containers, glass bottles and containers, newsprint and magazines.
This event is for local residential customers and not designed to take items from businesses or industries.
For additional information on the Collection and Recycling Day, residents may contact Jason Falls, Vance County Environmental Services director, at 252-738-2090 or [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- VGCC Holds Convocation, Recognizes Employees’ Years of Service - August 20, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Set for ‘Cruise-In’ and ‘Movie Under the Stars’ - August 20, 2019
- Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist to Host Choir Day 2019 - August 20, 2019
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019