100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Angela Allen, Director, Granville County Tourism Development Authority
There are now only a few days to go until downtown Oxford heats up with the annual NC Hot Sauce Contest! This year’s event will be held Saturday, September 14, 2019, from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m.
The NC Hot Sauce Contest brings thousands of people to downtown Oxford to interact with friends, merchants, fans, artisans and vendors. In 2018, the event topped 18,000 visitors!
North Carolina’s finest hot sauces and barbeque sauces, along with breweries and wineries spice up the blends and texture of downtown’s historic streets.
Enter the NC Pepper Eating Contest sponsored by Bailey Farms. Capture all the history of Oxford by visiting the Granville County Museum and their September Sensations Bazaar at the Harris Exhibit Hall, famous for showcasing local artisans.
The day will include activities for children, local shops waiting to greet you and great restaurants, all at your fingertips.
For more details, please visit the NC Hot Sauce Contest website at www.nchotsaucecontest.com.
Connect With The Author
- Candidate Forums Scheduled Throughout Granville County - September 18, 2019
- City of Henderson’s Loose Leaf Season Dates Announced - September 18, 2019
- Perry Memorial Library Announces Fall 2019 Youth Programs - September 18, 2019
- Vance Co. Human Resources Committee to Meet Sept. 24 - September 18, 2019
- GCPS is ‘On The Move’ With Technology in Schools - September 18, 2019
- District Attorney Waters Addresses Granville Sheriff Investigation - September 18, 2019
- Murder Plot of Former Granville Co. Deputy Results in Indictment for Sheriff - September 17, 2019
- Wilkins, Granville Narcotics & Interstate Interdiction Under Investigation - September 17, 2019
- Fox Found on US 1-158 Tests Positive for Rabies - September 17, 2019
- Reminder: FGV Ducky Derby to ‘Flood’ Garnett St. This Saturday - September 17, 2019