100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Angela Allen, Director, Granville County Tourism Development Authority
There are now only a few days to go until downtown Oxford heats up with the annual NC Hot Sauce Contest! This year’s event will be held Saturday, September 14, 2019, from 11 a.m. until 6 p.m.
The NC Hot Sauce Contest brings thousands of people to downtown Oxford to interact with friends, merchants, fans, artisans and vendors. In 2018, the event topped 18,000 visitors!
North Carolina’s finest hot sauces and barbeque sauces, along with breweries and wineries spice up the blends and texture of downtown’s historic streets.
Enter the NC Pepper Eating Contest sponsored by Bailey Farms. Capture all the history of Oxford by visiting the Granville County Museum and their September Sensations Bazaar at the Harris Exhibit Hall, famous for showcasing local artisans.
The day will include activities for children, local shops waiting to greet you and great restaurants, all at your fingertips.
For more details, please visit the NC Hot Sauce Contest website at www.nchotsaucecontest.com.
Connect With The Author
- Vance County Schools Partners with Perry Memorial Library - January 28, 2020
- Next No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Feb. 13 - January 28, 2020
- Granville Commissioners’ Retreat Scheduled for Jan. 30-31 - January 28, 2020
- Yancey Shares Family’s Cancer Journey With New Book - January 28, 2020
- Filming Opportunity Available for Warren County’s Small Businesses - January 28, 2020
- VCS: ‘Innovative School Options’ Application Process Begins Next Week - January 27, 2020
- Granville Tourism Development Authority Offers Grant Opportunities - January 27, 2020
- ‘Kitchen Table Conversation’ to Focus on GCPS Strategic Plan - January 27, 2020
- LIFT Adult Fitness Program to Begin Jan. 31 - January 27, 2020
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020