Franklin County Public Utilities experienced a discharge of untreated wastewater from the Youngsville Regional pump station in Youngsville. The spill was a result of rain on Saturday, June 8, 2019. The spill occurred at 11:45 AM and discharged until 3:20 PM. The discharge of wastewater was estimated to be 5,700 gallons and it entered into an unnamed tributary of Richland Creek which is a tributary of the Neuse River Basin. Franklin County Public Utilities staff was dispatched to the site and started clean up after the overflow stopped.
The division of Water Quality was notified of this event on June 8, 2019 and is reviewing the matter. For additional information concerning this event, please contact Chris Doherty, Franklin County Public Utilities Director at (919) 556-6711. Additional information can be obtained by visiting Franklin County’s website at www.franklincountync.us and our Facebook Page, search Franklin County Public Utilities.
Franklin County Government is committed to effective and innovative public services for all Franklin County citizens and businesses.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - June 20, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - June 20, 2019
- Juvenile Took Loaded Gun To Clarke Elementary Thursday - June 14, 2019
- Special Vance Co. Commissioners Meeting 6 p.m. Monday - June 14, 2019
- WOVEN: A Safe Community Starts With YOU - June 14, 2019
- Granville County Board of Commissioners Agenda 06-17-19 - June 14, 2019
- July 15th Forum About Autism Identification Changes - June 14, 2019
- Vance County FY 19-20 Budget CONSENSUS - June 13, 2019
- 31 Retire From Vance County Schools - June 13, 2019
- Candidate Interviews for Vacant Dist 1 Board of Ed Seat - June 13, 2019