Franklin County Public Utilities experienced a discharge of untreated wastewater from the Youngsville Regional pump station in Youngsville. The spill was a result of rain on Saturday, June 8, 2019. The spill occurred at 11:45 AM and discharged until 3:20 PM. The discharge of wastewater was estimated to be 5,700 gallons and it entered into an unnamed tributary of Richland Creek which is a tributary of the Neuse River Basin. Franklin County Public Utilities staff was dispatched to the site and started clean up after the overflow stopped.
The division of Water Quality was notified of this event on June 8, 2019 and is reviewing the matter. For additional information concerning this event, please contact Chris Doherty, Franklin County Public Utilities Director at (919) 556-6711. Additional information can be obtained by visiting Franklin County’s website at www.franklincountync.us and our Facebook Page, search Franklin County Public Utilities.
Franklin County Government is committed to effective and innovative public services for all Franklin County citizens and businesses.
Connect With The Author
- Current Tradio Items - September 17, 2019
- Current Public Service Announcements - September 17, 2019
- Storm and Emergency Info and MUSIC - September 5, 2019
- Triangle North Industrial Park Selected for Site Visit - August 27, 2019
- WIZS Celebration; 3p-7p, Saturday; Ribeyes of Hend; Rick Strickland Band Live - August 14, 2019
- Town Talk 08/12/19 - August 12, 2019
- Governor Roy Cooper Shows Support for NC House Rep. Terry Garrison - August 6, 2019
- Governor’s Veto Affirms Henderson Remains KLRWS Managing Partner - August 2, 2019
- Town Talk 07/29/19 - July 29, 2019
- Search Process For New City Manager Begins - July 25, 2019