100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Vance County High School Athletic Department
Vance County High School is searching for a new football coach for next fall following Darry Ragland’s resignation on Monday, January 13. He has resigned as the Head Varsity Football Coach but will continue teaching at Vance County High School.
Ragland became the first head football coach in Vance County High School’s brief history after the consolidation of Northern Vance and Southern Vance High Schools in 2018. He posted a record of 13-10 with one playoff appearance in two seasons with the Vipers. This past season, Vance County was 9-3 and 5-2 in Big 8 3A Conference play.
For 20 years, Ragland has been involved with Vance County Schools’ football programs. Prior to his position as head football coach at Vance County High School, Ragland was the head football coach of Southern Vance High School for one season, where he posted a record of 6-5. He has also been an assistant football coach at Henderson Middle School, Northern Vance High School, and Southern Vance High School.
Ragland served as offensive coordinator for the Raiders in 2006 when Southern Vance lost in the NCHSAA 2AA State Championship game to Shelby, 27-24
“I want to thank Coach Ragland for everything he has done for our school and community,” said Athletic Director Joe Sharrow. “He is a well-respected and important member of our Vance County family who has positively impacted the lives of a countless number of our student-athletes. We will miss his dedication to Vance County football and wish him the best of luck.”
Vance County High School will begin looking for a new head football coach immediately. Interested candidates should send a resume and letter of interest to Athletic Director Joe Sharrow ([email protected]) and Principal Rey Horner ([email protected]).
Connect With The Author
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020
- Fairytale Characters to Take Over McGregor Hall! - January 24, 2020
- Granville Commissioners Call Special Meeting on JTOH Lease Appeal - January 24, 2020
- VGCC Continues Enrollment Growth Trend - January 24, 2020
- Friday Institute Showcases Partnership With Vance Co. Schools - January 24, 2020
- West End Community Watch Hears on Importance of CPR Training - January 24, 2020
- Plenty of Community Events Offered in Granville This Winter - January 24, 2020
- Mims Charged With Abduction of Children - January 24, 2020
- VCS Announces Innovative School Application Dates/Deadlines - January 23, 2020
- Granville County BOE Continues Negotiation to Lease JTOH - January 23, 2020