The Daily Dispatch, The Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce and WIZS 1450 AM / 100.1 FM will host a public forum for Sheriff of Vance County Candidates on Sunday, October 14, 2018.
The forum will take place at the old court house on Young Street in the County Commissioners Meeting Room, and it will begin at 3 p.m. and last for approximately two hours.
WIZS 1450 AM / 100.1 FM will broadcast the forum in its entirety on a slight delay to accommodate the completion of the Carolina Panthers at Washington Redskins football game. The first half of the forum will begin airing via “tape” delay at 4 p.m. and it will simply continue on uninterrupted on the air.
The goal is to help citizens discern the differences among the candidates prior to the start of early voting in Vance County.
The Vance County Board of Elections web page says, “One-Stop Early Voting starts: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 and ends on Saturday, November 3, 2018. Locations and time will be announced as soon as the one-stop plan is approved.”
Mailed absentee ballots are already underway and continue until October 30, 2018 at 5 p.m.
Election day is Tuesday, November 6. All polling sites will be open from 6:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. WIZS will provide live election results starting at 7:30 p.m. when the polls close.
Voter registration is available nowadays online, and for that you can click here. Once you have filled form out, send it to the Vance County Board of Elections Office at 300 S. Garnett Street, Henderson, NC. 27536 if you are a resident of Vance County.
The public is strongly encouraged to attend the forum.
Each candidate will have an opportunity to make an opening statement followed by a question and answer session from representatives of The Chamber, The Dispatch and WIZS. Each candidate will also be given the opportunity to make a two-minute closing statement.
The public will be given an opportunity to suggest the questions that will be asked at the forum. Those questions should be submitted to [email protected]. Prior to the forum, a panel represented by the media and the Chamber’s governmental affairs committee will select the order of questions.
The public will also be given the chance to submit questions to the panel on the day of the forum. For more information, contact the Chamber of Commerce at 438-8414 or [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- Vance Co. Schools’ Student Spotlight Winners Tour Washington, D.C. - June 24, 2019
- West End Community Watch Hears From Planning Director on Required Permits - June 24, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center to Offer Fast-Track Afternoon Swim Lessons - June 24, 2019
- Granville Co. Government’s Summer Civic Leadership Program Underway - June 24, 2019
- VGCC Child Care Center Awarded Five Stars - June 21, 2019
- Vance Co. Animal Services Recipient of Spay/Neuter Grant - June 21, 2019
- 9V Batteries Needed for Fire Dept.’s Annual Campaign - June 21, 2019
- Alston Arrested on Multiple Drug, Firearm-Related Charges - June 21, 2019
- VCS Students Benefit From Read to Achieve Summer Camps - June 21, 2019
- Granville’s Lake Holt Fireworks Celebration Set for Wed., July 3 - June 21, 2019