The Daily Dispatch, The Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce and WIZS 1450 AM / 100.1 FM will host a public forum for Sheriff of Vance County Candidates on Sunday, October 14, 2018.
The forum will take place at the old court house on Young Street in the County Commissioners Meeting Room, and it will begin at 3 p.m. and last for approximately two hours.
WIZS 1450 AM / 100.1 FM will broadcast the forum in its entirety on a slight delay to accommodate the completion of the Carolina Panthers at Washington Redskins football game. The first half of the forum will begin airing via “tape” delay at 4 p.m. and it will simply continue on uninterrupted on the air.
The goal is to help citizens discern the differences among the candidates prior to the start of early voting in Vance County.
The Vance County Board of Elections web page says, “One-Stop Early Voting starts: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 and ends on Saturday, November 3, 2018. Locations and time will be announced as soon as the one-stop plan is approved.”
Mailed absentee ballots are already underway and continue until October 30, 2018 at 5 p.m.
Election day is Tuesday, November 6. All polling sites will be open from 6:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. WIZS will provide live election results starting at 7:30 p.m. when the polls close.
Voter registration is available nowadays online, and for that you can click here. Once you have filled form out, send it to the Vance County Board of Elections Office at 300 S. Garnett Street, Henderson, NC. 27536 if you are a resident of Vance County.
The public is strongly encouraged to attend the forum.
Each candidate will have an opportunity to make an opening statement followed by a question and answer session from representatives of The Chamber, The Dispatch and WIZS. Each candidate will also be given the opportunity to make a two-minute closing statement.
The public will be given an opportunity to suggest the questions that will be asked at the forum. Those questions should be submitted to [email protected]. Prior to the forum, a panel represented by the media and the Chamber’s governmental affairs committee will select the order of questions.
The public will also be given the chance to submit questions to the panel on the day of the forum. For more information, contact the Chamber of Commerce at 438-8414 or [email protected].
Connect With The Author
- Reported COVID-19 Cases Hold Steady in Vance; Stay at Home Order Goes Into Effect - March 30, 2020
- McKoon, E.O. Young Principal, Completes Distinguished Leadership Program - March 30, 2020
- Three Arrested After Drugs Thrown Over Fence at Franklin Correctional Center - March 30, 2020
- Perry Library Remains Closed; Many Resources Available Online - March 30, 2020
- Texting Tool Available to Access Local Free Meal Sites for NC Children - March 30, 2020
- Henderson City Council’s April Meeting Canceled - March 30, 2020
- Governor Announces First COVID-19 Unemployment Benefits Will be Paid This Week - March 30, 2020
- Mayor Ellington’s Video and Text Reassure; Request Cooperation - March 27, 2020
- Governor Cooper Announces Statewide Stay at Home Order Until April 29 - March 27, 2020
- Sheriff Brame: ‘Drive-In’ Style Church Services Limited Per State’s Mass Gathering Order - March 27, 2020