100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy the Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce
The Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce will host the 21st Annual Chamber Challenge Golf Tournament presented by BB&T on Thursday, October 3, 2019, at Kerr Lake Country Club. BB&T has been the presenting Double Eagle sponsor for this event since its inception in 1999.
Eagle sponsors are Duke Energy and Maria Parham Health. Birdie sponsors are 3HC, MARS Petcare, Wake Electric Membership Corporation and Walmart DC #6091.
This Captain’s Choice (Superball) tournament will begin at 12 p.m. with lunch. Following lunch, the event will kick-off with a shotgun start.
Prizes will be awarded for the top three teams, with other prizes being awarded for the longest drive, hole-in-one, and closest to the pin. Hole-in-one sponsor is Charles Boyd Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC of Henderson.
Lunch and an awards ceremony will take place immediately following the tournament.
Sponsoring teams and individual registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and all Chamber members are invited to attend. A limited number of sponsorships are available for the event and for individual holes. Prize donations are also being accepted.
Chamber members who have golf-related or similar promotional items that they would like to include in “Golfer Goody Bags” that will be handed out to players and volunteers at the event should contact the Chamber to register those items. The rate for a four-person team is $440, which includes cart and greens fees, Mulligan three-pack, goody bag, lunch, complimentary beverages, snacks on the course and awards ceremony.
To register or to express interest in sponsorships, contact the Chamber at 252-438-8414.
Connect With The Author
- VGCC Holds Convocation, Recognizes Employees’ Years of Service - August 20, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Set for ‘Cruise-In’ and ‘Movie Under the Stars’ - August 20, 2019
- Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist to Host Choir Day 2019 - August 20, 2019
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019