-Information and flyer courtesy Tara Goolsby, Henderson-Vance Recreation and Parks Facilities Supervisor, Aycock Recreation Center
The Vance County Special Olympics 2019 Polar Plunge will be held at the Satterwhite Point Glasshouse on Saturday, February 2, 2019. Check-in will begin at 9:30 a.m. that morning; jump begins at 10:30 a.m. Inclement weather date will be Saturday, February 9, 2019.
The Polar Plunge is an event for courageous participants willing to jump into Kerr Lake in the middle of the winter, all to support and raise funds for the Special Olympics of Vance County.
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with others.
All donations earned from the Polar Plunge will go to support local athletes. Individuals are required to collect a minimum of $30 to participate.
Prizes will be given for best costume (individual and team); most money raised (individual and team); and largest team.
Every participant will receive a t-shirt. There is a limit of 250 participants.
Registration forms, along with donations, are due by Friday, January 4, 2019, to Crystal Allen at the Aycock Rec. Center. For more information on the Polar Plunge and the registration form, please contact Crystal Allen at (252) 431-6091 or by email at [email protected]
Connect With The Author
- Eastern N.C. Attorney’s Office Collects Over $13 Million in Civil/Criminal Actions - February 18, 2019
- Granville Co. Public Schools: ‘It’s Kindergarten Registration Time’ - February 18, 2019
- Annual Mardi Gras Bash to Benefit Boys & Girls Club – Feb. 23 - February 18, 2019
- Sheriff Curtis Brame to Serve as Keynote Speaker at Black History Program - February 18, 2019
- Harrington Charged With Triple Homicide in 2018 Harrell St. Murders - February 15, 2019
- Public Comment Opportunity for NCDOT Division 5 Projects - February 15, 2019
- Aycock Rec. Center Announces Spring 2019 Swim Lesson Schedule - February 15, 2019
- Maloney Named New Branch Manager at Thornton Library - February 15, 2019
- Warren Co. High School to Hold ‘Around the World’ International Fair - February 15, 2019
- Vance Co. Schools Recognizes Student Spotlight Recipients - February 14, 2019