100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy Cynthia Bowen, City Clerk, City of Oxford
The City of Oxford Board of Commissioners will hold their regular monthly meeting on Tuesday, October 15, 2019, at 7 p.m. in the Commissioners’ Board Room, City Hall in Oxford.
Agenda items include:
Public Hearing to receive citizen input on the request from the UDO Committee asking for consideration of placing a moratorium on any new internet sweepstakes establishments.
Consider placing a moratorium on any new internet sweepstakes establishments in the B–2 (highway business) and B-3 (general business) zoning districts.
Consider approving a final plat for a request made by Maggie Lewis Heirs of a 1.75-acre tract from the family farm.
Consider adopting a project budget ordinance.
Consider adopting a resolution that supports Fair Housing practices within the City of Oxford.
Consider approving the various policies, procedures, and plans that are required for the 2017 Neighborhood Revitalization CDBG Project.
Consider the Acquisition of the 125 Belle Street Property.
Consider the Selection of a Financial Institution to Purchase $5,000,000 Water and Sewer System Revenue Bond Anticipation Note (“Note”); Adoption of Bond Order and Series Resolution authorizing issuance of the Note.
Please click here for the full meeting agenda.
Connect With The Author
- H-V Chamber President Calls on Community Leaders to Support ‘Hometown Debate’ - October 15, 2019
- One-Stop Early Voting for Granville Municipalities Begins Tomorrow - October 15, 2019
- Tri-City Seahawks to Hold Games, First Homecoming Event - October 15, 2019
- VGCC Announces 2019/2020 Psychology Club Officers, Members - October 15, 2019
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019