100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Government
Caring for a loved one or assisting a friend who is living with dementia can be challenging. For those who need a helping hand, the Dementia Alliance of North Carolina has scheduled a two-part Community Dementia Workshop, to be held at the Northern Granville Senior Center in Stovall, on Tuesday, August 20 and Tuesday, August 27, 2019, from 10 a.m. until noon.
These sessions will explore what is happening when signs of dementia are present, how to better communicate with someone who has dementia, ways to better understand changes that may occur, and how to be better prepared to be a partner in care.
This workshop is free and open to the public, but pre-registration is requested for the two dates scheduled. For more information or to register, contact Phyllis Blackwell, Senior Center Manager, at 919-693-3383.
The Northern Granville Senior Center is located at 118 Highway 15 North in Stovall and is one of three senior centers in Granville County, with additional centers in Oxford and in Creedmoor.
Connect With The Author
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019
- Five Aliens Indicted on Illegal Reentry Charges, Two Found in Granville Co. - August 16, 2019
- Animal Services to Waive Adoption Fees for National Clear the Shelter Event - August 15, 2019
- Annual ‘Cops on Top’ Event to Raise Money for Special Olympics of NC - August 15, 2019