100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Granville County Government
Caring for a loved one or assisting a friend who is living with dementia can be challenging. For those who need a helping hand, the Dementia Alliance of North Carolina has scheduled a two-part Community Dementia Workshop, to be held at the Northern Granville Senior Center in Stovall, on Tuesday, August 20 and Tuesday, August 27, 2019, from 10 a.m. until noon.
These sessions will explore what is happening when signs of dementia are present, how to better communicate with someone who has dementia, ways to better understand changes that may occur, and how to be better prepared to be a partner in care.
This workshop is free and open to the public, but pre-registration is requested for the two dates scheduled. For more information or to register, contact Phyllis Blackwell, Senior Center Manager, at 919-693-3383.
The Northern Granville Senior Center is located at 118 Highway 15 North in Stovall and is one of three senior centers in Granville County, with additional centers in Oxford and in Creedmoor.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019