THIS STORY IS PRESENTED IN PART BY DRAKE DENTISTRY
Bill Harris, co-owner of Nits Nats Music in Henderson, has announced that the business that celebrated its 50th anniversary earlier this year will be closing its doors at the end of December.
Originally opened in downtown Oxford in 1969 by Phillip and Cheryl Hawkins, the business has called several locations in Oxford, Henderson and Louisburg home. For the past several years, Nits Nats has been located at 1680 Parham St. in Henderson, a part of the shopping center known as “Corbittville.”
Harris took to Nits Nats Music’s Facebook page on Sunday to offer the following statement:
It is with regret that I am announcing the closing of Nits Nats Music effective December 27. It’s a decision that has been difficult to come to but other opportunities have presented themselves and I feel that it is best for me and my family to pursue those opportunities.
It’s sad for us to close after 14 years as owners. It is also sad to see one of Henderson’s oldest businesses no longer be a part of the community. Fifty years is an amazing achievement for any business.
Cheryl and Phillip Hawkins were great owners until we purchased the store in 2005, and I and my family have kept it going since then. I would love for someone to come forward with a vision to carry Nits Nats Music into the future. Nothing would make me happier than to know that it continues. If anyone is interested in doing so, please contact me at (252) 430-8010, email me at [email protected] or stop by the store at 1680 Parham Street. If not, then December 27 will be our last day of operation.
Our customers have been terrific and without them, we would not have stayed in business. We will continue to take orders through December 18 for your Christmas gift-giving needs.
After November 30, I will not be at the store as much as I usually would as I prepare for my next chapter, but I will be there some. My son Alex Harris and wife Aileen will operate the store with our usual hours through Dec. 27 – 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday. We will have a closing sale beginning on Nov. 29 and continuing through our closing date.
Once again, Nits Nats Music thanks all of our customers, former employees and everyone involved in our 50 years of business.
(This is not a paid advertisement)
Connect With The Author
- Town Talk 01/23/20: NC Treasurer Folwell Assures State Pension is Secure - January 23, 2020
- Paramedicine, Paid Volunteer Fire Positions Among Retreat Discussions - January 23, 2020
- ‘Rise Against Hunger’ Exceeds Meal Packing Goal - January 22, 2020
- Town Talk 01/22/20: Caregiver’s Cup at Sadie’s & Local Senior Games - January 22, 2020
- Volunteers Gather on ‘Coldest Morning of 2020’ for Smoke Detector Campaign - January 20, 2020
- Town Talk 01/20/20: Democratic Chair Discusses Meeting, Low Voter Turnout - January 20, 2020
- Town Talk 01/16/20: Changes to Annual Chamber Banquet = Less Time, More Fun - January 16, 2020
- Town Talk 01/15/20: ‘Sound the Alarm’ Fire Campaign Coming to Vance Co. - January 15, 2020
- Town Talk 01/14/20: City’s Fire Study Finds ‘More Personnel Needed Now’ - January 14, 2020
- Town Talk 01/13/20: Ed Wilson Talks Vance Co. Board of Education, School Safety - January 13, 2020