-Press Release, U.S. Department of Justice
Robert J. Higdon, Jr., the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina, announces that United States District Judge James C. Dever, III sentenced LINDSEY NICOLE UNDERHILL, 28, of Louisburg to 36 months’ imprisonment, followed by 3 years of supervised released.
On October 18, 2018, UNDERHILL was named in an Indictment that charged her with Possession of Firearms by a Felon. On January 7, 2019, UNDERHILL pled guilty to that charge.
On May 30, 2018, UNDERHILL, a convicted felon, traveled to Arrow Pawn and Jewelry located in Raleigh, North Carolina, and pawned three firearms: a Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun; a Hi-Point 9mm handgun; and a North American Arms .22 caliber revolver.
This case is part of Project Safe Neighborhoods (PSN), a program bringing together all levels of law enforcement and the communities they serve to reduce violent crime and make our neighborhoods safer for everyone. Since 2017 the United States Department of Justice has reinvigorated the PSN program and has targeted violent criminals, directing all U.S. Attorney’s Offices to work in partnership with federal, state, local, and tribal law enforcement and the local community to develop effective, locally-based strategies to reduce violent crime.
This case was brought using the Take Back North Carolina Initiative of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of North Carolina. This initiative emphasizes the regional assignment of federal prosecutors to work with law enforcement and District Attorney’s Offices on a sustained basis in those communities to reduce the violent crime rate, drug trafficking, and crimes against law enforcement.
The investigation of this case was conducted by the Raleigh Police Department and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
Assistant United States Attorney Daniel W. Smith prosecuted the case for the government.
Connect With The Author
- H-V Chamber President Calls on Community Leaders to Support ‘Hometown Debate’ - October 15, 2019
- One-Stop Early Voting for Granville Municipalities Begins Tomorrow - October 15, 2019
- Tri-City Seahawks to Hold Games, First Homecoming Event - October 15, 2019
- VGCC Announces 2019/2020 Psychology Club Officers, Members - October 15, 2019
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019