-Press Release, U.S. Department of Justice
Robert J. Higdon, Jr., the United States Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina, announces that United States District Judge James C. Dever, III sentenced LINDSEY NICOLE UNDERHILL, 28, of Louisburg to 36 months’ imprisonment, followed by 3 years of supervised released.
On October 18, 2018, UNDERHILL was named in an Indictment that charged her with Possession of Firearms by a Felon. On January 7, 2019, UNDERHILL pled guilty to that charge.
On May 30, 2018, UNDERHILL, a convicted felon, traveled to Arrow Pawn and Jewelry located in Raleigh, North Carolina, and pawned three firearms: a Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun; a Hi-Point 9mm handgun; and a North American Arms .22 caliber revolver.
This case is part of Project Safe Neighborhoods (PSN), a program bringing together all levels of law enforcement and the communities they serve to reduce violent crime and make our neighborhoods safer for everyone. Since 2017 the United States Department of Justice has reinvigorated the PSN program and has targeted violent criminals, directing all U.S. Attorney’s Offices to work in partnership with federal, state, local, and tribal law enforcement and the local community to develop effective, locally-based strategies to reduce violent crime.
This case was brought using the Take Back North Carolina Initiative of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of North Carolina. This initiative emphasizes the regional assignment of federal prosecutors to work with law enforcement and District Attorney’s Offices on a sustained basis in those communities to reduce the violent crime rate, drug trafficking, and crimes against law enforcement.
The investigation of this case was conducted by the Raleigh Police Department and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
Assistant United States Attorney Daniel W. Smith prosecuted the case for the government.
Connect With The Author
- Second Suspect in Kittrell Food Mart Armed Robbery Arrested - February 21, 2020
- FREE Henderson Junior Firefighter Program Open to First 15 Participants - February 21, 2020
- MPH Relay For Life Team to Hold Quarter Auction, March Madness Buffet - February 21, 2020
- Granville Co. Activities: Feb. 22 – Feb. 29 - February 21, 2020
- Granville Chamber’s ‘Cluck ‘N Shuck’ Seafood Event Rescheduled for April - February 20, 2020
- Plank Chapel UMC Hosting Resources Brunch, Caregiving Discussion - February 20, 2020
- Henderson City Council to Hold Annual Strategic Planning Retreat - February 20, 2020
- Big Ruin Creek Baptist Church to Hold 220 Seafood Fundraiser - February 20, 2020
- Closings and Weather 02/20 – 02/21 - February 20, 2020
- George R. Watkins Receives United Way’s Sam Watkins Visionary Award - February 19, 2020