100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Warren County Government
Lifelong Improvements Through Fitness Together (LIFT) is an evidence-based program that can help adults of all ages. The Expanded Foods and Nutritional Education Program (EFNEP) will sponsor LIFT sessions at the Healthy You Building located at 201 South Main Street, Warrenton on the last Friday of every month beginning at 2 p.m. The first session will be held on January 31, 2020.
In order to register for these classes, please call Nitasha Kearney at (252) 257-3640. The LIFT program can help develop relationships, improve functional fitness, and improve emotional health.
LIFT began with the members of the Physical Activity Leadership Team of Virginia Cooperative Extension and is a program developed for adults of all ages to use everyday activities in different exercises. These exercises allow busy adults to continue their daily routines while engaging in vigorous activities to keep the heart pumping freely and burn unwanted calories at the same time.
This program is free to all adults in the community. Please contact the Warren County Cooperative Extension office at (252) 257-3640 or email Nitasha Kearney, EFNEP.
Connect With The Author
- NC MedAssist to Hold Free Mobile Pharmacy Event in Henderson - February 17, 2020
- Henderson Man Sentenced to 26 Years for Heroin, Firearm Violations - February 17, 2020
- Reminder: Oxford City-Wide Neighborhood Watch to Meet Tues., Feb. 18 - February 17, 2020
- ‘One Noble Journey’ to Pay Tribute to Black History Month at McGregor Hall - February 17, 2020
- Wilton Elementary to Hold Annual Quarter Auction; Business Donations Requested - February 17, 2020
- Henderson’s First Biscuitville to Open on Dabney Dr. Thurs., Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Kittrell Food Mart Struck by Armed Robber Twice; Suspect Charged - February 14, 2020
- Reminder: Focus 20/20 Regional Economic Development Summit – Feb. 20 - February 14, 2020
- Triangle North Healthcare Foundation 2020 Grant Cycle is Now Open - February 14, 2020
- Granville Board of Commissioners to Meet Mon., Feb. 17 - February 14, 2020