100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy the Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce
Fourteen participants have successfully completed the 2019 Leadership Vance program. Leadership Vance is a Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce program designed to create a group of informed and dedicated leaders who will contribute to the community.
The program is organized into twelve sessions which began February 5 with an orientation breakfast at Perry Library in the Farm Bureau Room and concluded on July 9 with a graduation ceremony and dinner at Hillside Farms in Henderson.
Participants are exposed to various aspects of Henderson and Vance County, specifically in regard to city and county government, health and community resources, economic development, agriculture and natural resources, history, media, criminal justice and law.
Supervisors and guests were in attendance to celebrate the achievements of the graduates.
Jason Varner and Pastor Joel Beckham shared reflections regarding the program on behalf of the class. Varner said, “Henderson and Vance County is a great place to live.” He challenged his classmates to use their leadership experience to make Henderson and Vance County an even better place.
Joel Beckham stated, “I have been inspired.” Beckham encouraged the group to take what they have experienced and make a difference in the community.
McKinley Perkinson shared the class project which was a battery collection for smoke detectors to assist the Fire Department in their Smoke Detector initiative.
Chief Steve Cordell and Captain Lee Edmonds of the Henderson Fire Department were present to receive the donations and shared their gratitude to the group for taking on the initiative. The group collected over 350 9 volt batteries to support the battery replacement program for smoke detectors.
Connect With The Author
- Vance County Schools Partners with Perry Memorial Library - January 28, 2020
- Next No Charge Food Distribution Scheduled for Thurs., Feb. 13 - January 28, 2020
- Granville Commissioners’ Retreat Scheduled for Jan. 30-31 - January 28, 2020
- Yancey Shares Family’s Cancer Journey With New Book - January 28, 2020
- Filming Opportunity Available for Warren County’s Small Businesses - January 28, 2020
- VCS: ‘Innovative School Options’ Application Process Begins Next Week - January 27, 2020
- Granville Tourism Development Authority Offers Grant Opportunities - January 27, 2020
- ‘Kitchen Table Conversation’ to Focus on GCPS Strategic Plan - January 27, 2020
- LIFT Adult Fitness Program to Begin Jan. 31 - January 27, 2020
- VCS Holds Two-Day School Resource Officer Training - January 24, 2020