100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Information courtesy the Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce
Fourteen participants have successfully completed the 2019 Leadership Vance program. Leadership Vance is a Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce program designed to create a group of informed and dedicated leaders who will contribute to the community.
The program is organized into twelve sessions which began February 5 with an orientation breakfast at Perry Library in the Farm Bureau Room and concluded on July 9 with a graduation ceremony and dinner at Hillside Farms in Henderson.
Participants are exposed to various aspects of Henderson and Vance County, specifically in regard to city and county government, health and community resources, economic development, agriculture and natural resources, history, media, criminal justice and law.
Supervisors and guests were in attendance to celebrate the achievements of the graduates.
Jason Varner and Pastor Joel Beckham shared reflections regarding the program on behalf of the class. Varner said, “Henderson and Vance County is a great place to live.” He challenged his classmates to use their leadership experience to make Henderson and Vance County an even better place.
Joel Beckham stated, “I have been inspired.” Beckham encouraged the group to take what they have experienced and make a difference in the community.
McKinley Perkinson shared the class project which was a battery collection for smoke detectors to assist the Fire Department in their Smoke Detector initiative.
Chief Steve Cordell and Captain Lee Edmonds of the Henderson Fire Department were present to receive the donations and shared their gratitude to the group for taking on the initiative. The group collected over 350 9 volt batteries to support the battery replacement program for smoke detectors.
Connect With The Author
- VGCC Holds Convocation, Recognizes Employees’ Years of Service - August 20, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Set for ‘Cruise-In’ and ‘Movie Under the Stars’ - August 20, 2019
- Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist to Host Choir Day 2019 - August 20, 2019
- Is Your Small Business Prepared for a Disaster? Find Out at ‘Lunch Break to Educate’ - August 19, 2019
- City Council to Consider Contracting With Firm in Manager Hiring Process - August 19, 2019
- Granville Co. Senior Services Now Affiliated With ‘Rock Steady Boxing’ - August 19, 2019
- Carolina Panthers’ Backup Quarterbacks Fail to Impress in Preseason Matchup - August 19, 2019
- VGCC’s 50th Anniversary Celebration to Include Food Truck Rodeo, Live Music - August 16, 2019
- Henderson/Vance Annual Night Out Against Crime Scheduled for Oct. 1 - August 16, 2019
- Concord Baptist Church in Kittrell to Hold Women’s Conference - August 16, 2019