On the Home and Garden Show with Vance Co. Cooperative Ext.
- Select vegetable varieties that have disease resistance. Ex Celebrity, Early Girl Tomatoes
- Use heavy duty chemical resistant gloves any time you handle or apply pesticides.
- If you have weeds in your pond bring Cooperative Extension a sample we can identify the weeds and suggest how to control those pond weeds ex Duckweed, Water Meal.
- Find out the full grown size of any trees or shrubs you plant and make sure they have room to reach that size.
- Try electric fence if wildlife are eating your garden.
- Shrubs with significant dieback will rarely recover to an attractive form. Consider replacing them with a different species of plant.
- Vegetable gardens need at least 1 inch of rain or irrigation per week.
- Be cautious with herbicides that provide long term control, as they can damage trees and shrubs through root uptake.