Frank Frazier, city manager for the City of Henderson, has submitted the FY20 recommended budget to the Henderson City Council for the period beginning July 1, 2019, and ending June 30, 2020.
A Public Hearing on the recommended budget will be held in the City Council Chambers, City Hall, 134 Rose Avenue, Henderson, NC, on Monday, May 20, 2019, at 6 p.m.
The public is invited to attend, submit written comments, make oral comments and/or ask questions about the budget, in whole or part, during the Budget Public Hearing period.
No property tax, sewer or regional water increase is recommended. A water rate increase of 2.5% is recommended.
A summary of the FY20 Recommended Budget is provided below:
General – $17,370,810
Powell Bill – $831,370
Water – $8,218,770
Sewer – $5,156,000
Regional Water – $5,060,000
CAPITAL RESERVE FUNDS
Utilities – $184,240
Economic Development – $16,440
Regional Water -$5,071,140
Rate Stabilization – $3,091,000
Subtotal – $44,999,770
Less Inter-fund Transfers – ($2,729,740)
TOTAL: $ 42,270,030
Prior to the Public Hearing, the City Council will hold budget workshops to review, make comments or ask questions about the proposed budget. Subsequent to the Public Hearing, the City Council may further adjust and/or adopt the budget.
Budget adjustments may include, but are not limited to, increasing or decreasing revenue or expenditure estimates, the proposed property tax rate, utility rates or the sanitation fee.
The proposed budget will be placed on the agenda for approval at the Henderson City Council’s June 10, 2019, meeting.
A copy of the FY20 Recommended Budget is available for public inspection in the office of the City Clerk, 134 Rose Avenue, Henderson, NC, during normal business hours.
To view the FY20 Recommended Budget on the City of Henderson’s website, click here.
Connect With The Author
- District Attorney Waters Addresses Granville Sheriff Investigation - September 18, 2019
- Murder Plot of Former Granville Co. Deputy Results in Indictment for Sheriff - September 17, 2019
- Wilkins, Granville Narcotics & Interstate Interdiction Under Investigation - September 17, 2019
- Fox Found on US 1-158 Tests Positive for Rabies - September 17, 2019
- Reminder: FGV Ducky Derby to ‘Flood’ Garnett St. This Saturday - September 17, 2019
- Emergency Plan, Golf Cart Ordinance Topics for Public Safety Meeting - September 17, 2019
- St. Andrews Christian Church to Hold Homecoming Celebration - September 17, 2019
- Granville’s Tourism Development Authority Awarded for Marketing Campaign - September 17, 2019
- Granville Sheriff Brindell Wilkins Indicted for Obstruction of Justice - September 17, 2019
- Corbitt Preservation Assoc. Finds ‘Golden Treasure’ in Rare Automobile - September 16, 2019