Frank Frazier, city manager for the City of Henderson, has submitted the FY20 recommended budget to the Henderson City Council for the period beginning July 1, 2019, and ending June 30, 2020.
A Public Hearing on the recommended budget will be held in the City Council Chambers, City Hall, 134 Rose Avenue, Henderson, NC, on Monday, May 20, 2019, at 6 p.m.
The public is invited to attend, submit written comments, make oral comments and/or ask questions about the budget, in whole or part, during the Budget Public Hearing period.
No property tax, sewer or regional water increase is recommended. A water rate increase of 2.5% is recommended.
A summary of the FY20 Recommended Budget is provided below:
General – $17,370,810
Powell Bill – $831,370
Water – $8,218,770
Sewer – $5,156,000
Regional Water – $5,060,000
CAPITAL RESERVE FUNDS
Utilities – $184,240
Economic Development – $16,440
Regional Water -$5,071,140
Rate Stabilization – $3,091,000
Subtotal – $44,999,770
Less Inter-fund Transfers – ($2,729,740)
TOTAL: $ 42,270,030
Prior to the Public Hearing, the City Council will hold budget workshops to review, make comments or ask questions about the proposed budget. Subsequent to the Public Hearing, the City Council may further adjust and/or adopt the budget.
Budget adjustments may include, but are not limited to, increasing or decreasing revenue or expenditure estimates, the proposed property tax rate, utility rates or the sanitation fee.
The proposed budget will be placed on the agenda for approval at the Henderson City Council’s June 10, 2019, meeting.
A copy of the FY20 Recommended Budget is available for public inspection in the office of the City Clerk, 134 Rose Avenue, Henderson, NC, during normal business hours.
To view the FY20 Recommended Budget on the City of Henderson’s website, click here.
Connect With The Author
- Vance Co. Sheriff’s Office Makes Arrests in Heroin Trafficking Cases - May 22, 2019
- Location Change for Vance Public Safety Meeting on Fire Matters - May 22, 2019
- Granville Athletic Park Reaches 15-Year Milestone - May 22, 2019
- Local Youth Ages 4-12 Needed for Competitive Football League - May 22, 2019
- Perry Memorial Library Gearing Up for Youth Summer Reading Program - May 21, 2019
- State Vet Encourages Livestock Owners to Vaccinate Before Peak Rabies Season - May 21, 2019
- H-V Rec. & Parks Youth Cheerleading Registration Begins June 3 - May 21, 2019
- VGCC Graduates 15 Cadets in 108th Basic Law Enforcement Training Class - May 20, 2019
- City of Henderson Announces Memorial Day Sanitation Schedule - May 20, 2019
- Dedication Ceremonies Being Held for New Dog Park, Renamed Rollins Ave. Park - May 20, 2019