Henderson Fire Chief Steve Cordell was on Thursday’s edition of WIZS Town Talk program to discuss tomorrow’s chicken plate fundraiser for Raegan “Rae Rae” Owen, a local 10-year-old girl battling Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
The fundraiser will be held this Friday, February 22, 2019, at Henderson Fire Station #1, 211 Dabney Drive, from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m.
Plates are available for $8 and tickets may be purchased from a member of the fire department prior to the event or the day of.
The event is sponsored by the Vance, Franklin, Granville and Warren County Fire and Rescue Departments with all proceeds benefiting Rae Rae and her family. T-shirts supporting Rae Rae’s battle with cancer will also be available for purchase.
Rae Rae’s father Randy Owen is a 32-year volunteer member of the fire department and the Fire & Rescue Coordinator at Vance-Granville Community College.
“When we see one of our own struggling with sickness like Rae Rae is battling, it really pulls on our heartstrings,” Cordell said. “We are one family, one fight.”
According to Cordell, the fire department has already sold approximately 1,200 tickets and anticipates serving a total of 2,500 plates.
“Come on out and eat with us on Friday. It’s hard to beat a chicken plate from a fire department. If it’s cooked by a fireman, it’s going to be a good meal.”
To hear the Town Talk interview with Chief Steve Cordell in its entirety, please click here.
Connect With The Author
- Bert Beard, Maria Parham CEO, Talks Growth & Expansion - March 21, 2019
- Dicky Flye Talks New Mast Drug Building on Dabney Drive - March 20, 2019
- Henderson-Vance Crime Stoppers to Hold 9th Annual Golf Tournament - March 18, 2019
- NC Drivers May Soon Face Stricter Restrictions on Cell Phone Use - March 13, 2019
- Walt Bowen Talks Fishing on Kerr Lake - March 12, 2019
- Animal Shelter to Hold Dog Walk for Veterans & First Responders - March 11, 2019
- Vance Co. Regional Farmers Market to Reopen in Late April, New Vendors Welcome - March 7, 2019
- Reardon Talks CBD Products: What’s Legal and What’s Illegal in NC - March 6, 2019
- Causey, Insurance Comm./State Fire Marshal, Talks Recent Vance County Visit - March 5, 2019
- Nits Nats Music Celebrates 50 Years in Business - March 4, 2019