100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit and Special Response Team arrested Franklin County resident Deshaun Lamont Williams on September 12, 2019. Mr. Williams was arrested at his residence located at 130 Mark Street, Franklinton, NC.
In addition to the arrest, a search warrant was executed at his residence. The search resulted in the seizure of approximately 42 grams of Cocaine, scales and US Currency.
This investigation into illegal drug activity began as a result of citizen complaints alleging Mr. Williams was involved in selling illegal narcotics throughout Franklin County. The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit validated Mr. Williams’ illegal activities and began an investigation.
As a result of this investigation, Mr. Williams was charged with three (3) counts of Possess with Intent to Sell/Deliver a Schedule II Controlled Substance, (Cocaine), three (3) counts of Selling Cocaine, three (3) counts of Maintaining a Vehicle/Dwelling/Place for Selling Controlled Substances, one (1) count of Trafficking Cocaine, and Habitual Felon.
Sheriff Kent Winstead stated, “One of our strategies is seeking those individuals who are repeat offenders and continue to engage in their illegal activities. This is an example of someone who has been through the system before and did not change his way of life after getting caught. We will continue to seek these individuals out and hold them accountable for poisoning our communities with these illegal drugs.”
Mr. Williams is currently being held in the Franklin County Detention Center under a $500,000 secured bond.
Deshaun Lamont Williams, 45 years of age
130 Mark Street Franklinton, NC 27525
If you have information regarding this case or if you would like to report drug activity in your community, please contact Sgt. Ken Pike at (919) 496-2186.
Terry M. Wright, Chief of Staff
Connect With The Author
- Murder Plot of Former Granville Co. Deputy Results in Indictment for Sheriff - September 17, 2019
- Wilkins, Granville Narcotics & Interstate Interdiction Under Investigation - September 17, 2019
- Fox Found on US 1-158 Tests Positive for Rabies - September 17, 2019
- Reminder: FGV Ducky Derby to ‘Flood’ Garnett St. This Saturday - September 17, 2019
- Emergency Plan, Golf Cart Ordinance Topics for Public Safety Meeting - September 17, 2019
- St. Andrews Christian Church to Hold Homecoming Celebration - September 17, 2019
- Granville’s Tourism Development Authority Awarded for Marketing Campaign - September 17, 2019
- Granville Sheriff Brindell Wilkins Indicted for Obstruction of Justice - September 17, 2019
- Corbitt Preservation Assoc. Finds ‘Golden Treasure’ in Rare Automobile - September 16, 2019
- VGCC Introduces Online Career Coach Program for Students - September 16, 2019