100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit and Special Response Team arrested Franklin County resident Deshaun Lamont Williams on September 12, 2019. Mr. Williams was arrested at his residence located at 130 Mark Street, Franklinton, NC.
In addition to the arrest, a search warrant was executed at his residence. The search resulted in the seizure of approximately 42 grams of Cocaine, scales and US Currency.
This investigation into illegal drug activity began as a result of citizen complaints alleging Mr. Williams was involved in selling illegal narcotics throughout Franklin County. The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office Drug Unit validated Mr. Williams’ illegal activities and began an investigation.
As a result of this investigation, Mr. Williams was charged with three (3) counts of Possess with Intent to Sell/Deliver a Schedule II Controlled Substance, (Cocaine), three (3) counts of Selling Cocaine, three (3) counts of Maintaining a Vehicle/Dwelling/Place for Selling Controlled Substances, one (1) count of Trafficking Cocaine, and Habitual Felon.
Sheriff Kent Winstead stated, “One of our strategies is seeking those individuals who are repeat offenders and continue to engage in their illegal activities. This is an example of someone who has been through the system before and did not change his way of life after getting caught. We will continue to seek these individuals out and hold them accountable for poisoning our communities with these illegal drugs.”
Mr. Williams is currently being held in the Franklin County Detention Center under a $500,000 secured bond.
Deshaun Lamont Williams, 45 years of age
130 Mark Street Franklinton, NC 27525
If you have information regarding this case or if you would like to report drug activity in your community, please contact Sgt. Ken Pike at (919) 496-2186.
Terry M. Wright, Chief of Staff
Connect With The Author
- Thank-A-Vet Program Launches in Granville County - November 11, 2019
- Raleigh Ringers to Bring Holiday Cheer to McGregor Hall - November 11, 2019
- Town of Louisburg Will Host 2019 Christmas Parade Sun. Dec. 8 - November 11, 2019
- Granville Chamber to Hold Annual Thanksgiving Breakfast - November 11, 2019
- Poplar Creek Baptist to Host ‘Unashamed’ at Gospel Singing, Dinner Show - November 11, 2019
- Carey Chapel Community Watch to Meet Nov. 25 - November 11, 2019
- Salvation Army to Hold Open House Event for New Facility This Weekend - November 8, 2019
- Shop Small, Shop Local on Small Business Saturday – Nov. 30 - November 8, 2019
- Oxford’s Christmas Parade, Lighting of the Greens Set for Dec. 6 - November 8, 2019
- VGCC Brings Partners Together for Summit on Talent Pipeline - November 8, 2019