100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Henderson-Vance County Emergency Operations
At 11:32 a.m. on Wednesday, September 18, 2019, the Henderson-Vance County Emergency Communications Center officially transitioned to Next Generation 911.
This move was several years in the making and places our 911 center at the forefront of the latest technology and allows us to offer the highest level of service to our citizens.
Next Generation 911 works by connecting every PSAP (911 Center) in the State to the Emergency Services IP Network or ESI Net. This new technology allows for faster call delivery, more accurate location technology, enhanced call transfer options and improved texting capabilities just to name a few of the many improvements from the previous system.
Vance County was the sixteenth county to make the transition to the ESI Net, with more and more jurisdictions set to follow every week.
Having all 911 centers in NC on the same system will allow us to transfer misrouted 911 calls to the correct 911 center even in locations that previously belonged to another phone company with ease.
It will also greatly improve our ability to help each other during times of crisis by allowing a 911 center to take calls for another 911 center that may be down due to equipment failure, weather event or any other situation that renders them inoperable.
More technology enhancements are on the horizon and will be occurring in the coming days including enhanced GIS mapping components and the latest in call routing technologies.
Connect With The Author
- ‘Cops on Top’ Fundraiser TOMORROW at Henderson Chick-fil-A - October 14, 2019
- Vance Co. Properties Committee to Hear on Eaton Johnson Building Progress - October 14, 2019
- Reminder: Tour de Vance Registration Runs Through Fri.; Bike Ride Set for Sat. - October 14, 2019
- Downtown Oxford Trick-or-Treating Set for Halloween Day - October 14, 2019
- Youth Basketball Clinic to Focus on Gun/Gang Violence Awareness - October 14, 2019
- More Than $3.4M in Grants Awarded by NC Tobacco Trust Fund Commission - October 14, 2019
- H-V Chamber, IOPL to Sponsor Televised Hometown Healthcare Debate - October 11, 2019
- Closing Chestnut Alley, Rezoning Beckford Dr. on City Council’s Oct. Agenda - October 11, 2019
- Granville County Crime Stoppers to Host Annual Banquet - October 11, 2019
- Vance County Schools to Hold District Parent Night - October 11, 2019