100.1 FM / 1450 AM WIZS; Local News broadcasts M-F 8am, 12pm, 5pm
-Press Release, Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce
The North Carolina Institute of Political Leadership and the Henderson-Vance Chamber of Commerce will host a “Hometown Debate” at Vance-Granville Community College Civic Center on Thursday, October 17, 2019, from 7 to 8 p.m.
Henderson is one of four cities selected as host communities for this televised state-wide event. The debate in Henderson will focus on issues in the delivery of medical services. The debate is free to the public.
Spectrum News Channel will be filming and Loretta Boniti will moderate the debate.
Scheduled panelists are State Representative Maryann Black (D-Durham), State Representative Donna McDowell White (R- Johnston), Henderson resident Greg Griggs of the NC Academy of Family Physicians and Jordan Roberts from the John Locke Foundation.
Spectrum News will feature the debate in its entirety on www.spectrumlocalnews.com . An abbreviated version will also air on In Focus, on Sunday, October 20 at both 11:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m.
IOPL is a non-partisan, nonprofit organization whose mission is to educate future political and community leaders in modern campaign strategy, ethical decision making, and governance, such that its participants will have a sound grounding in ethical behavior, consensus building, and cooperative and collaborative leadership.
This event is especially important to area business leaders, human resource directors, medical professionals and individuals concerned about the future of medical care.
Connect With The Author
- FREE Fresh Produce Available at Second Thurs. Food Distribution - November 12, 2019
- Census Bureau Begins Job Recruitment Efforts - November 12, 2019
- Warrenton Christmas Parade to Delight Main Street Sat., Dec. 14 - November 12, 2019
- Mark Your Holiday Calendar for ‘Cookies & Milk With Santa’ - November 12, 2019
- Oxford Preparatory Lower School Announces First Quarter Honor Roll - November 12, 2019
- Thank-A-Vet Program Launches in Granville County - November 11, 2019
- Raleigh Ringers to Bring Holiday Cheer to McGregor Hall - November 11, 2019
- Town of Louisburg Will Host 2019 Christmas Parade Sun. Dec. 8 - November 11, 2019
- Granville Chamber to Hold Annual Thanksgiving Breakfast - November 11, 2019
- Poplar Creek Baptist to Host ‘Unashamed’ at Gospel Singing, Dinner Show - November 11, 2019